Warmup (5 minutes) Level 0
Write exactly what is on the board to
the right side of the room ---->
Go over the Warmup (Level 0)
- I’m checking for correct position
of all items on the page
Discuss the Agenda (Level 2)
Pick out keywords in the sample
objectives (Level 1) – discuss the
keywords among each other
Write down and go over what is for
homework. (Level 1)
Guided Practice (10 minutes)
• Tardy = not in your chair when the bell rings
• Rules/Procedures will be posted in the room soon
where everyone can see. In order to make your
parents and administration proud, you need to abide
• Sharpen your pencil within the first 5 minutes of class
(that is…during “Warmup”)
• Once you are seated, stay there unless you are called
to my desk or to the board
• Level 1 – Let’s talk about a procedure that has not been
mentioned. (Think about what you did today in an
earlier class period). Let’s write it down.
Independent Practice (10 minutes)
• Level 0 - Open your school handbook and look for the
school rules and procedures areas.
• Level 0 - Write at least 3 rules and at least 3 procedures
that are most important to you. In other words, which
ones do you think would be most beneficial to your comfort
level in the classroom or while your on school property.
• Level 2 – Let’s talk about a rule then a procedure from each
• Level 0 – Now jot down the extra curricular activities that
mean the most to you personally.
• Level 2 – Let’s talk about it if you feel comfortable doing so.
The Student Handbook (10 minutes)
• Level 0 - It’s time to read parts of the
handbook that are most important.
Closure (5 minutes)
• A. Problem/Solution
• Your homework today is to give your parents all of the
required paperwork and other documentation handed to
you in class. What are those items? (Level 2) – I will call a
• B. Write down 1 thing that you learned today.
• C. 3-2-1 Exit Strategy Level 0
– Clear your area (put all loose paperwork away)
– Turn in necessary materials (homework/classwork)
– Stand beside your desk and I will check for any trash on the floor
** I’ll stand at the door and call you to leave one row at a time.