What is E-Government?
• E-government refers to the delivery of
national or local government information and
services via the Internet or other digital means
to citizens or businesses or other
Governmental agencies. E-government is a
one-stop Internet gateway to major
What do you mean by governance?
• In the case of a business or of a non-profit
organization, e.g. good governance relates to
consistent management, cohesive policies,
guidance, processes and decision-rights for a
given area of responsibility, and proper
oversight and accountability.
• If related with people of state/country than it
become management of government and its
What is Governance System?
• Corporate governance is the system of rules,
practices and processes by which a company is
directed and controlled.
• Corporate governance essentially involves
balancing the interests of a company's many
stakeholders, such as shareholders,
management, customers, suppliers, financiers,
government and the community.
What is good governance?
• Good governance is an indeterminate term
used in the international development
literature to describe how public institutions
conduct public affairs and manage public
• Governance is "the process of decision-making
and the process by which decisions are
implemented (or not implemented)".
What is the concept of governance?
• Governance has been defined to refer to
structures and processes that are designed to
ensure accountability, transparency,
responsiveness, rule of law, stability, equity
and inclusiveness, empowerment, and broad-
What is the difference between
government and governance?
• Government is merely an instrument for the
purpose of governance. Government is a body
that comprises a person or a group of persons
who run the administration of a country. This
is a means in which power is exercised. The
process of governing people or a state is
What is the governance model?
• A governance operating model is the
mechanism used by the board and
management to translate the elements of
the governance framework and policies into
practices, procedures, and job responsibilities
within the corporate.
• A way of working for the people by the people
and of the people
What are the major characteristics of
• Participation. ...
• Rule of law. ...
• Transparency. ...
• Responsiveness. ...
• Consent orientation. ...
• Justice. ...
• Effectiveness and efficiency. ...
What is E-Governance?
• Electronic governance or e-governance is the
application of information and communication
technology (ICT) for delivering government
services, exchange of information,
communication transactions, integration of
various stand-alone systems and services
between government-to-customer (G2C),
government-to-business (G2B), government-
What is G2C?
• G2C (Government to Citizen) is a term that
refers to the relationships between
organizations (subjects) of public
administration and a citizen(s).
What are the 4 components of the e
• The major core infrastructure components are
– State Data Centers (SDCs),
– State Wide Area Networks (S.W.A.N),
– Common Services Centers (CSCs) and
– Middleware gateways
• National e-Governance Service Delivery Gateway
• State e-Governance Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG),
• Mobile e-Governance Service Delivery.
What is Negp?
• The National eGovernance Plan (NeGP) is an
initiative by the government of India to
connect eGovernance systems throughout the
country and create a nation-wide network for
electronic delivery of government services.
What is e Kranti?
• The vision of e-Kranti is “Transforming e-
Governance for Transforming Governance”
• To ensure a Government-wide transformation
by delivering Government services
electronically to the citizens through
integrated and interoperable systems via
multiple modes, while ensuring efficiency,
transparency and accuracy.
Governance is endless … queries can
find one end