WAS / WERE EXERCISES
INSTRUCTIONS: Underline the correct answer was/were.
1) My brother ( was / were ) in the school yesterday.
2) Laura and Richard ( was / were ) in the park at 4:00 pm.
3) It ( was / were ) a sad day because I could not go to the toy store.
4) Her doll ( was / were ) beautiful I wanted to play with her.
5) It ( was / were ) a hot day I was thirsty and bored.
6) We ( was / were ) in the hospital last night.
7) They ( was / were ) in the zoo when I arrived.
8) Where ( was / were ) they this morning? 9) They ( was / were ) in the school.
10) Richard ( was / were ) with me yesterday.
INSTRUCTIONS: Read the short story “A perfect day with my friends”, then
chooses a word from the chart below and answer with the correct one.
A perfect day with my friends
Hi, my name is 0) Paul. My two best 1) ____________ are Richard and Laura. We
always enjoy our free time. For example last week, we 2) ___________ in the zoo.
The zoo 3) ___________ a nice place. There were 4) ____________ such as
monkeys, elephants, pandas, etc. Pandas 5) ___________ big and sleepy.
Monkeys were sick so they were not 6) ______________. Richard, Laura and I
Then, we were in the 7) ___________ store. In the toy store there were
8) ___________ and 9) _____________.
That was a perfect day because I 10) __________ with my two best friends.