What (Really) is SEO?
• 11 Billion Google Searches Per Month
• 75% Click On Organic Search Results
• 95% Do Not Go Beyond Page One
• 94% Click Through Rate With Search and Social Media Combined
Most Search Engine Optimization campaigns have at least one of the following four
1. Conversions (i.e. number of products purchased, enquiries or leads generated)
2. Awareness (i.e. the number of visitors to the website per month, duration
that people spend on the site etc.)
3. Positioning on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERP). (i.e. how high up are you
appearing on the SERP for keywords that are relevant for your site?
4. Link popularity (i.e. the number of high quality external links to your site)
• SEO Plan overall marketing plan and business goals
• Keyword Research selecting the most appropriate keywords & phrases
• SEO Audit identify your relevant position to the competition, your business strengths &
weaknesses plus opportunities
• Domain Acquisition acquiring domains with relevant search keywords
• On Page Optimization Activities techniques that the SEO specialist applies on-site
• Off Page Optimization Activities techniques that the SEO specialist applies off-site
• Performance Measuring & Monitoring SERP rankings, Traffic Volumes, Conversions etc
Hotel Grande Bretagne, Athens – Παρουσίαση
Το Ξενοδοχείο Μεγάλη Βρεταννία προσφέρει μια
ασύγκριτη προοπτική της μυθικής ιστορίας της
πόλης της Αθήνας. Το μοναδικό GB Spa σας
προσκαλεί σε ένα τα
<H1>: Με θέα στην Αρχαία Ελλάδα
<H2>: Μια Αθηναϊκή Περιπέτεια
<H2>: Η Φινέτσα Άλλων Εποχών στα Καλύτερά της
37 ALT attributes are empty or missing.
Real case example #1
Your site’s content is your most valuable asset. You must frequently update your site with unique and fresh content
relevant to your topic.
• Add more text content by describing the
offer/event a bit more.
• Pages with 500 – 1000 words will rank higher on
the Search Engine’s result pages.
• Do not have more ads than text content on your
main category pages.
Real case example #2
• This is how a Search Engine Robot will view your site.
• Make sure that your top Keywords appear high on
the page and especially on the Navigation Bar.
• If you do not have A LOT of traffic coming from the
areas mentioned, it is advised to remove them from
the Navigation Bar and present them in an alternative
Real case example #3
Distribution of Domains Linking to website.gr, based off the top 100 domains.
Domain Authority: 39/100
Page Authority: 48/100
Total Domains: 190
Total Links: 8.407
Types of Links
• Natural Links – Links that are gained naturally through the creation of quality content
• Inbound only (one way) links – Request inbound links from relevant sites
• Reciprocal linking – Links that are agreed between websites
• Links from Directories – Some are Free and need attention before submit the site.
• Direct Paid links – Links from companies such as Text Link Brokers etc
- Search Engine Journal
- Internet Marketing Ninjas
- KISS Metrics
Founder member of:
Google’s official page for No-Follow links
In general, we don’t follow them. This means
that Google does not transfer PageRank or
anchor text across these links.
Ann’s Hustling Mind
1. However if you keep reading, they seem to be saying that Google won’t even find the page unless there
are non-nofollow links to it:
2. No matter how misleading the official page sounds, numerous tests have proven that nofollow links are
used for discovery (Google finds and crawls the page that has only one nofollow link)
What do all these poker experts have in common?
It’s not a scam, but it
needs a bit of hustling.
• SEO has evolved from simply getting found to improving how users engage with
• You need to optimize for users first, so they actually click through your listings
and stay there.
• “Search Experience Optimization” is what SEO should really stand for. ~Kelly
Kranz, Content Manager.
Sum up - Building an Authority Site from Scratch
1. Keyword Friendly Domain Name
- Relevancy & File-type variety
- Size: 300 – 500 words
3. Site Structure
- Bold/Strong/H1 tags
- Title Tag
- Internal linking
- External linking
- No-Follow / No-Index
- One of the biggest issues that most websites have is that they build 1.000 backlinks to the Homepage, and
about 10 – 20 backlinks to the rest of the website. Your goal is to rank EVERY CONTENT page, since then your
future pages will rank high naturally. I recommend no more than 50% of your backlinks pointing to your
- RSS Feeds: Submitting your RSS feeds to feed directories can create automatic backlinks to your individual post
- Quality backlinks: No-Follow VS Do-Follow
- Anchor text
5. Content Distribution & Social Media (Digital PR)