GIST OF THE TOPICNATURAL VEGETATIONTYPES OF VEGETATIONTROPICAL RAIN FORESTTROPICAL DECIDUOUS FOREST THRON FOREST AND SHRUBS TIDAL FORESTALPINE AND TUNDRAHIMALAYAN VEGETATIONRAIN FOREST OF SOUTHERN INDIADESERT VEGETATION
Gist of the topic
Types of vegetation
Tropical rain forest
Tropical deciduous forest
Thorn forest and shrubs
Importance of wildlife
GIST OF THE TOPIC
India is tenth in the world and
fourth in Asia in plants and
animals diversity. Their are so
many factors responsible for the
huge diversity in flora and fauna
and Relief are some of the
•Tropical evergreen forest is also known as tropical
• These are found in western Ghats, Andaman and
Nicobar islands, Assam and Tamil Nadu coast.
•These areas receive more than 200 cm of rainfall.
•The trees in the forest grow upto 60 mts.
•The trees which grow in the forest are
Ebony, Mahogany and Rosewood etc.
•Animals which live in the forest are
Elephants, Monkey, several species of
Birds, Lemur, bats, sloth, reptiles, deer, scorpions, s
• Tropical deciduous forest are also known as
• These forest receive between 200 cm and 70 cm
• These forest are divided in sub-groups of moist
and dry deciduous forests.
• We see these forest in north-eastern states along
the foothills of the Himalayas, Jharkhand, West
Orissa, Chhattisgarh and Western Ghats.
Teak, Bamboo, Sal, Shisham, Sandalwood, Khair, K
usum, Arjun,Mulberry are the major trees grown
• Animals like
lion, tiger, pig, deer, elephants, birds, lizards, tor
FOREST AND SHRUBS
• These forest are found in areas receiving
less than 70 cm of rainfall, North western
part of the country, semi-arid areas of
Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya
Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana are
the lands where these grow.
• Acacias, Palms, Euphorbias and Cacti are
the plants grow here
• Animals found in these forest are
rats, mice, rabbits, fox, wolf, tiger, lions
, goats, wild ass, horses and camels.
• The mangrove forest are also know as Tidal
• These are found in the areas of coats influenced
by tides mud and silt get accumulated on such
• Dense mangroves are the common varities with
roots of the plants submerged under water.
• The deltas of Ganga, the Mahanadi, the
Krishna, the Godavari and the Kaveri are covered
by such vegetation.
• Sundary trees are found in Sundarban delta and
palm, coconut, keora, agar, screw pine, amor are
found in these forest.
• Royal Bengal
Tiger, turtles, crocodile, gharilas, and snakes are
• These are known as Alpine and Tundra vegetation.
This type of vegetation is generally at more than
3600 mts. Height above the sea level,
• These are confined to mountainous areas.
• These are spread over snowfall regions and high
• These are grown in southern slopes of the
Himalayas and places of high altitudes in southern
and north east India
• Here are grown apples, pears, cherries etc fruit
trees. Oaks, chestnuts, pine, cedar, silver fir are
the other common trees.
• Kashmiri stag, spotted deer, wild sheep, jack
rabbit, yak, snow leopard, antelope are the
common animal found here.
IMPORTANCE OF WILDLIFE
Just listen o’killers,
The poacher and hunters !
And stop intervening another kingdom.
You say civilized you are,
Yet going to spoil ecosystem.
Don’t proud on being a human,
If humanity you have lost,
Mammals you always remember,
A member of the family you intend to roast.
Stop this nuisance, go back home,
gruesome offence don’t commit it,
Learn to love within your limits,
Don’t appear as Neero to the Rome.
“Might is right” never proves good,
You live in colony, they live in woods.
Let them live free from fear,
Killing them shall, kill you dear !
Check your passion, the designs.
Live within, don’t use outwits.