• My Background• Social Media• What is Marketing?• What is Attraction Marketing?• Transparency increases attraction• Traditional Marketing Techniques• Why Facebook Advertising works• Case Studies o ZipCar o PhillyCarShare• Linkedin
• Born in Washington DC • Social Media expertise (1900+ Linkedin, 8000+ Facebook) • Non profit experience o The Enterprise Center o A.I.C.P. o Urban League of Philadelphia o Entrepreneur Workso Helped over 100 businesses grow in the Philadelphia area• Examiner.com/Philadelphia writer for o Business Technology o Business Events o Small Business Tax
• Social media is online content built by people using highly accessible and scalable publishing technologies. At its most basic sense, social media is a shift in how people discover, read and share news, information and content.• It is the democratization of information, transforming people from content readers into publishers.• Social media has become extremely popular because it allows people to connect in the online world to form relationships for personal, political and business use.
• Facebook – 750 Million Active users (70% outside the US)• Myspace – 120 Million Active Users• Blogs - 55 million active users (declining)• Linkedin – 130 million registered users• Twitter – not disclosed• YouTube - over 100 million videos a day• Plaxo• Yelp
http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics • More than 35 million users update their status each day • More than 3 million active Pages on Facebook • More than 1.5 million local businesses have active Pages on Facebook • Average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook • Every month, more than 70% of Facebook users engage with Platform applications • There are more than 250 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
Marketing is belief in yourself transferred to someone else.All people (someone else) are - 1) Customer 2) Potential Customer 3) Referral Marketing Partner a. Local business b. High School Classmate c. College AlumniSocial Media is not who you know but WHO KNOWS YOU!
Attract is to exert a force on (a body) causing it to approach orprevent it from moving away;Attraction Marketing utilizes free or low cost social media toolsto "become the hunted"
PUSH (TV, Radio, Newspapers, Magazines, Billboards, ProgramGuides)VersusPULL (Social Media, Websites, Radio Interviews...)"It is not who you know but who knows you" -http://www.otiscollier.com/its-not-who-you-know-but-who-knows-you/
Networking Exercise --There is attraction based onyour high school, college orneighborhood. Must disclosein order to attract and let theweb work for you (go wide)
• Marketing belief in yourself transferred to someone else o Testimonials o Visual appearance o Print o Integrations -- Website YouTube Facebook Linkedin• DEFINE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY o Platform - Facebook o Platform – Linkedin o Platform - Twitter o Platform - Foursquare o Platform - Yelp
Facebook uses the power of influence (John X likes the ad)Facebook uses the status updates as content for the admeaning the ads dynamically change without programmerinterventionInfluence and Expert knowledge = attraction marketing
• Use your home page for lead generation• Research prospects based on name and picture o 70% of all Facebook users look at pictures o Quote - "Facebook says more than 3 billion photos are being uploaded every month.."• Connect with Friends of Friends• Respond to other interesting posts• ACCEPT all "friend" (someone else) requests• BE CONSISTENT• MAINTAIN a "fan" page
Three levels of Engagement • On-line Resume o continuous update o can PDF • Recommendations o stand out from the crowd o useful for job search • Groups o build common interest o target market
• Content to attract target market• Landing Page (fan page is website for facebook)• Favorite pages (reciprocal relationship with other Businesses)• Membership - what is their incentive to o Become a fan o Suggest to friends o Automate tracking tools• ADVERTISE!!!!!