Keep hearing these buzz words: UX and UI? Want to get a better understanding of what User Experience is and how it effects your site? Take a look at this top-level overview from Network Affiliates, the legal marketing experts!
A Walk Through of User Experience and User Interface
Presented by: Emily Frickey
A WALK THROUGH OF
• Does this website give me value? (content)
• Is it easy to use/navigate?
(usability / accesibility)
• Is it pleasant to use and view? (design)
Ultimately, it comes down to one thing:
How users perceive your site
FROM A 30 FOOT VIEW:
• Human Factors
I N T O
USABILITY• Is it easy to use?
• It is about task-based interactions
— The ability to do something easily and intuitively
• Can the user fill out a contact form easily?
• Can they find your contact info?
• Can they find the information they were
• Are there click-to-call numbers for mobile users?
• Live Chat feature?
• Maps/direction feature?
• You want a site with multiple conversion
points- the easier for the user to reach out
to an attorney, the better
• Helpful tips and information on what the
user will need for their case
• Having someone to answer their questions,
whenever they end up calling
• Make sure users who prefer contact forms
are reached out to in a timely manner
Usability is just one feature
that goes into UX
Just because something is easy
to use, does not mean it has
great user experience
• Experience is more about feelings &
emotional connection to the task
IS IT USER
• Users want pleasant, hassle free experience
when interacting with a site
• Easy to use navigation
• People like white space- Don’t try and put
everything on the homepage
• Don’t fill screen with non-related content
• Desirability- typography, imagery, media use,
• Most important thing on screen should be
“Most important” should be determined by user, not by
CLEAN WEB DESIGN EXAMPLES
cjzlawfirm.com zinio.com themeskingdom.com whiteboard.com wallmob.com
Can your site be viewed properly on all devices?
Do your videos have transcripts for those who are hearing impaired?
Navigation simplistic & Consistent?
— For those with visual or cognitive disabilities
and What People
Color is a major influencer for user
• Orange encourages immediate action
• Blue builds trust and security
• Red increases energy and sense of urgency
• Green promotes growth and relaxation
• Yellow gets attention and creates lower
levels of anxiety
• Active words create active users- Words like
“Get Started” “Download Now!” “Call Today”
• Using 1st person tends to have higher
• People’s eyes are drawn to where they see
images looking- try to choose an image of
people looking directly at your CTA
• Colors don’t necessarily change the
conversion rate- it has to do with the color
standing out on the page, ensuring that
it is in a logical place and doesn’t have to
compete with other things on the page
HUMANFACTORS• Human brains tend to avoid sharp corners
— While designing buttons, try to round
off the corners
• Make things large enough to be clickable
on a mobile device to decrease anxiety
• Apple recommends a button size of
• Humans are inherently unpredictable-
That is why testing is soo important!
Test, Test, Test!
• This truly comes down to findability
- How easy was it for a user to find
• SEO plays a large role in this
• Word of Mouth
— Review Platforms
— Social Media
• Brand Management
— Ensuring that you have the best
foot forward for your brand
READY TO DESIGN A NEW
WEBSITE? CALL ME!
CONNECT WITH US: