Stijn Schepers - Performance Test Automation Beyond Frontier
Since its beginning, the Performance Advisory Council aims to promote engagement between various experts from around the world, to create relevant, value-added content sharing between members. For Neotys, to strengthen our position as a thought leader in load & performance testing. During this event, 12 participants convened in Chamonix (France) exploring several topics on the minds of today’s performance tester such as DevOps, Shift Left/Right, Test Automation, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence.
DevOps has not closed the tap
• With DevOps a Performance Engineer can achieve more & add more value:
Improved tooling (APM)
Silos broken down
• Finally we can do our work!
DevOps has not closed thetap
• Issue of Self-Managing Scrum Teams
Delivering features with high velocity
With a focus on functionality
Non Functional Constraints are often secundary
• Performance Engineering is a specialised skill
How much knowledge can be transferred to the Scrum teams?
So … How can we close thetap?
• We need to do LESS Performance Testing
& MORE Risk Assessments
Until MORE people know!
• If there is no WHY …
the HOW and the WHAT do not matter!
FULLY AUTOMATED PERFORMANCE
TESTING INCLUDING RESULT ANALYSIS
Time & Effort
RISK MITIGATION OF A
SOLUTION MUST BE
My name is RAF.
I am an experiment.
My name is derived from
Robotical AnaliticalFramework: GOAL
• Fully automated regression test (API)
• PASS / FAIL of a build
• Be more efficient so there is more time to do
Mentoring & Coaching
Build up a long term solution for engineering
Time for Reflection
• Do you feel that a performance engineer is
«mopping the floor with the tap open? »
• Has DevOps and Agile Methodologies reduced
the focus on Solution Architecture, Performance
and Security Engineering?
• What can we do to improve this?
THE SECRET OF CHANGE
IS TO FOCUS
ALL OF YOUR ENERGY,
NOT ON FIGHTING THE OLD,
BUT ON BUILDING THE NEW.