Marketing RESEARCH DESIGN for Zandu Ayurveda’s Social Media Presence
Social Media Presence
• Impact of the Zandu Ayurveda’s social media presence on its target
• Are social media users getting the desired message / engagement /
information / insights which the company wants them to know?
• What kind of language/ posts/ tweets/ activities would the consumers
prefer for an Ayurvedic brand?
• What will be your opinion/ suggestion about the social media presence
which can be very helpful to the Zandu brand and to any other company
thinking about being a part of it or interacting with it?
• The main objective of the study is to find out the users reaction towards
the Zandu Ayurveda (Brands) current approach on social media platforms.
• The detailed objective is to find out whether the social media presence on
networking sites has achieved its objective to the users by increasing
sales, purchasing and of understanding of the brand through the social
TYPE OF RESEARCH
• Exploratory research is the first step because the researchers are to
identify the areas and the reasons for the consumer’s behavior.
• We conducted this research using personal interviews with a select
audience to gauge their awareness and about Ayurveda and the presence
of Ayurvedic brands on social networking sites.
TYPE OF RESEARCH contd..
• For a better in-depth understanding of the research objectives, a
descriptive research is required
• This research is going to gauge the reaction of the users towards Zandu
brand’s social media presence on networking sites and what are the
reasons affecting their reactions.
• Research tools - Questionnaire
TYPE OF RESEARCH contd..
• We will also use ethnographic research to find out the social media
culture & its effectiveness on brands, it can be clubbed with behavioral
data research to find out how many users visit the brands social
networking sites & are interacting till what time & looking for what sort of
• The research is to be carried out in Mumbai and its suburbs.
• The research will be conducted in different parts of Mumbai where the
target group will be from the age group of male/females > 20.
• The most commonly target group will be the online active users and
doctors using the brands product
• We also need to identify who all in others are online viewers for these
• The number of respondents will be 225. The respondents will be working
non – working people from different age groups, economic classes and
areas of the city.
TYPE OF SURVEY
• The type of the survey that will be conducted will be face to face for a
better understanding. Also more importantly online
surveys/questionnaires will be provided to get an initial understanding of
the consumer’s preferences for medicinal and especially Ayurvedic
information that he/she obtains from social media.
• A questionnaire has been prepared by the researcher in order to carry out
• The interviewers will be given instructions which will be carried out by
them while doing the field work, the same will also be written in online
surveys. The interviewers will have to be polite with the respondents and
stick to the sample size that is required.
• Emami Ltd, the flagship company of the Rs 5000 crore Emami Group, is a
leading player in thepersonal and healthcare consumer products industry
• A jewel in the crown of the conglomerate, the company is a coveted Rs
700 crore business entity engaged in manufacture and marketing of
health, beauty and personal care products that are based entirely on
• Emami, acquired Zandu Pharmaceuticals Works Ltd, from the Parikh
family, keeping in mind the huge synergy between the Emami and Zandu
brands in various categories. Zandu is a strong player in the balm,
Ayurvedic OTC and classical range.
• Domestic sales have grown 40% in 2012-13
• Raw material cost comprise 18% of total cost.
– Prices of menthol expected to reduce.
• Margins have improved 30-35% in last quarter.
• Company strategy to promote core brands like
Boroplus & Zandu
• We conclude that a lot of respondents did notice the brand on networking
sites in which some were unaided recall and some were aided recall.
• Although some don’t distinctly remember the brand presence on social
networking sites but have seen it in the past on traditional mediums.