Windsun Renewables Pvt. Ltd is a fast growing Solar EPC solutions provider in
Windsun Renewables is promoted by experienced professionals from Renewable
Energy sector, having experience in Project setup & Project Finance.
Windsun Renewables has sculpted well proven, cost effective & efficient business
models based on their unique solutions for Indian Solar Industry.
Windsun Renewables has to its credit to have obtained the first Net Metering
approval in Nagpur(Urban) Circle.
Site Survey &
ing with O&M
Total Turnkey Solutions for Solar Grid Tie Rooftop Systems
1 MW Project at Divyansh Steel Pvt. Ltd Gumthala
SINGLE GENERATION METER CASE STUDY
• HT Consumer Drawl 11 KV
• Contract Demand 750 KVA
• Educational Institute
• Area 15 Acres
• Capacity to be installed 650 KWp
• Load is on 15 Buildings in the campus
Conventional Energy Distribution in any big Campus
• Educational campus is generally spread into acres
• HT Meter is situated at entrance of the gate or at centre of the location
• HT is distributed after metering so as to avoid losses on LT side
• The Distribution in LT is done among the loads / buildings
• The Rooftop Solar Capacity is designed in such a way that first generated energy will
consume in the same building , if excess it will flow to the other load centres or back
to grid ( Net Meter)
• Commercial Circular 258 does not mentioned about Single or
multi point Generation meter ( Generation Meter is to be installed
at such locations in the premises of the eligible consumers as
would have easy access to MSEDCL for meter reading
• The Single non revenue Generation Meter in big campuses such
as GMC, VNIT, IGMC,LMH,DMIMS are technically incorrect.
• Educational Institutes are day consumers
• The multi Generation meters are to be allowed on to big campuses where
the single generation meter is technically not possible.
• Meter Reading can be done through Modem or an access to SCADA/ Inverter
portal /or data from Consumer
• The portal / Scada will give all parameters from the project
• Use the technology available to us instead of manual readings
• HURDLE 2 - REGION BASED POWER SUBSIDY BY GOVERNMENT OF
• Govt Of Maharashtra announced power subsidy in June 2016.
• Condition To eligible for this subsidy was 100 % Power to be obtained from
DISCOM. (Probably intention was to discourage open access)
• WHAT ABOUT CONSUMERS WHO HAVE INSTALLED CAPITIVE SOLAR PLANT ,
WILL THEY BE ELIGIBLE FOR SUBSIDY ???
• Government clarified on this point by issuing the GR that the entities are
eligible to power subsidy even if they install solar rooftop plant .
• But still many consumers are finding it difficult to get the subsidy.
• HURDLE 3 – NET METER PROCUREMENT
• As per the net metering policy of government of Maharashtra Net meter to
be installed by Discom.
• Almost 2 years has gone since this policy has been implemented, still
consumers are compelled to purchase net meter at their own cost.
• This cost is significant if system size is small.
• Apart from costing it also increases the Liaisoning time as customer has to
test the meter from Discom
Lets Pledge Together to clear all the Hurdles to Fulfill Clean & Green India
Power to All at affordable cost