• The Qur'an speaks more of the coming Qiyamah - also known
as the Resurrection, the Day of Judgment, Day of Gathering,
and the Great Announcement - than of any other topic.
• "Confessing the Shahadah and believing in the accountability
of all humans before God are the cement which holds Islam
• Final Judgment or Day of Reckoning is a naturally corollary of
• If there is one God who knows all and sets standards of
behavior for the world, there must be a time of judgment.
• This major theme and promise is upheld not only in the
Qur'an, but also in other religious scriptures. Though opinions
may differ on precise details it is generally believed that it is
connected to a time of momentous upheaval, calamity and the
end of Earth
Sure SignS from Quran
• The Sure Signs and descriptions of Al-Qiyamah in the Qur'an
are generally agreeable as follows:
• 1) There is a set time for it; Qur'an 75.6-10
• 2) That this event is inevitable Qur'an 11.102-7
• 3) Prophesied Sure Signs of Allah (SWT) will confirm Al-
Qiyamah Qur'an 41.53
nameS of Qiyamah in Quran
There are more than 30 names mentioned in Qur’an .
الساعة - As-Saa'ah [The Hour] (6:31)
الواقعة - Al-Waqi'ah [The Event] (56:1)
الحاقة - Al-Haqqah [The Reality] (69:1)
القارعة - Al-Qari'ah [The Striking Hour] (69:4)
الكبرى الطآمة - At-Taammatul-Kubra [The Greatest
الصاخة - As-Sakhkhah [The Trumpet Blast] (80:33)
nameS of Qiyamah in Quran
• - Al-Ghashiyah [The Overwhelming] (88:1)
• الدين - Yawmud-Deen [Day of Judgment] (1:4)
الخر يوم - Yawmul-Akhir [Last Day] (2:8 )
القيامة يوم - Yawmul-Qiyamah [Day of
فيه ريب ل يوم - Yawmul Laa Rayba Feeh [A Day about which
there is no doubt] (3:9)
عصيب يوم - Yawun-'Aseeb [A Distressful Day] (11:77)
SignS of Qiyamah
No one know when the hour will come
May Allah enable us to recognize and heed the Signs, and
strengthen us in the times of tribulation.
Are they waiting for anything except the Hour, to come to
them suddenly? But its Signs have already come!" (Al-
Qur’an, Surah Muhammad)
Segmentation of SignS
• Minor Signs
• Major Signs
• Final Signs
Segmentation of SignS
• . Minor: These are the signs from the birth of Rasulullah
(Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) to the time of the appearance of
Hazrat Imam Mahdi.
2. Major: These are the signs from the appearance of Imam
Mahdi to the Blowing of the Trumpet.
• The prophet ( SAW) mentioned more than fifty minor
signs of the Hour in many of his Ahadeeth.
• Many of these signs have already occurred but some
• Here are some of the signs according to hadiths.
• The coming of the last Prophet, Muhammad
• Prophet Muhammad once said:
• “I was near the Hour.”
• Women will outnumber men, eventually fifty women to
each man. (Bukhari & Muslim)
• Earth quakes will increase (Bukhari and Muslim)
• Good deeds will decrease (Bukhari)
• Female singers and musical instruments will become
• People will believe in astrology (in the stars)
• Time will pass rapidly. Time will have no blessings
Adultery and fornication will be prevalent
The prophet (pbuh) said this has never
happened without new diseases befalling on people, which
their ancestors had not known. (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah,
When men lie with men and women with women (Al
When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and
treats his friend kindly while shunning his father (Al-Tirmidhi)
Appearance of 30 false messengers (Bukhari)
The major signs are those signs that will occur relatively close
to the Day of Judgment and involve matters that can be
considered, in general, “out of the ordinary” or which are
Ibn Hajar, however, has divided the major signs into two main
categories, one definitely occurring before the other.
• The first set of sign is those which occur on this Earth
without changing the nature of the Earth.
• This includes
– Coming of the Dajjaal,
– The return of Jesus,
– Gog and Magog
The second category of these major signs leaves no doubt as to
the actual occurring of the Resurrection and the end of this
Creation as humans know
The signs in this category would include:
• Three Earth quakes
• Appearance of the beast
• The smoke and
• The rising of the sun from the West
• The Prophet said: “The signs shall appear one
after the other like the beads on a string follow
WHo iS MaHdi?
– The term "MAHDI" is a title meaning "The Guided one". He will be
from Ahl Bayt and his name and Character will be like our prophet
– According to Hadeeth, Imam Mahdi will appear first, and Hadhrat Isa
(A.S.) will appear during Imam Mahdi's lifetime.
– Mahdi is NOT a prophet but he is the final Rightly Guided Khalifa
– Mahdi will lead Muslims to a great victory against the Christian
Romans (i.e. All the white Europeans including the Americans). This
great war is called al-Malhamah al-Kubrah or Armageddon.
– It will end up with a great victory to Muslims against Romans after six
– Muslims will take over their capital Rome (this can be any city).
SignS tHat Will preceed iMaM
• A General Sign
• There are many signs that will precede him, a general and very
important sign is that he will come at a time when there is
great confutation, intense disputes and violent deaths. When
people are afflicted by disturbance and experiencing great fear
• Abu Saeed Al-Khudri has repoted that the Messenger of Allah
said "He will be sent at a time of intense disputes and
differences among people and earthquakes..." (Ahmed)
• 2) The Battle in Mina
• Before Imam Mahdi emerges an inter-tribal fight will take
place. In the same year hajis will be looted and a battle will
erupt in Mina in which many people will be killed
• 3) The Euphrates will Disclose a Mountain of Gold
• The Final Hour will not come until the river Euphrates (which
flows through Syria and Iraq and finally opens in the Gulf)
will disclose a mountain of gold over which people will fight
• 4) Emergence of the Sufyani
• The Sufyani (a descendant of Abu Sufyan) will emerge before
Imam Mahdi from the depths of Damascus.
• There are many other signs which will precede Imam Mahdi.
tHe great War
• Imam Mahdi will have to fight many battles, the most
important and difficult being the battle against the Christians
in which a large number of Muslims will be martyred.
• Dhu Makhbar said, ''I heard the Apostle of Allah () say, ''You
will make a secure peace with the Byzantines, then you will
fight an enemy behind you, and you will be victorious, take
the boot, and be safe you will the return and alight in a
meadow with mounds and one of the Christians will raise the
cross and say, 'The cross has conquered'. One of the Muslims
will become angry and smash it, and the Byzantines will act
treacherously and prepare for battle.''
conqueSt of conStantinople
• The great war between the Christians and Muslims will result
in the Muslims conquering Constantinople (which is modern
day Istanbul) without army by the sheer force of Takbeer
• It should be noted that the conquests will take place a very
short period. Abdullah-b-Busr has reported that the Messenger
of Allah has said: 'Between the Great War and the conquest of
the city (Constantinople) there will be six years, and the Dajjal
shall appear in the seventh year,' (abided)
BleSSingS at tHe tiMe of iMaM MaHdi
• Islam will gain an upper hand and will be firmly established in
the land. The oppression, tyranny, and darkness that prevailed
all over the globe will be replaced with justice, peace and
equity. The smile, which was long forgotten, will be restored
on the faces .
HiS reign aS KHalifa
• Due to different traditions the period of Imaam Mahdi's reign
• Many Scholars have taken seven years to be the period of his
reign due to the fact that the Ahadith which indicate seven
years are the most authentic.
• Other Scholars like Shah Rafiud-din, after careful analysis
have concluded that the first seven years if his reign will pass
without worry, he will spend the eight preparing to fight the
Dajjal and spend the ninth with Prophet Isa (Jesus)
• He will thereafter die, Prophet Jesus will read his funeral
prayer and bury him.
WHo iS dajjal?
• The emergence of the Dajjal is the most important sign as his
trial and fitna will be the biggest ever seen on the Face of the
earth and even those firm in faith will be shaken.
• The Messenger of Allah said, "Between the creation of
Prophet Adam and the coming of the last hour, their will arise
no matter more serious than the Dajjal." (Imran-b-Hussain/
• Due to the severity of this turmoil, every Prophet from the first
to the last warned and informed his people about, the Dajjal
and his turmoil. (Anas / Bukhari, Muslim)
SignS tHat Will preceed tHe dajjal
• 1) The coming of Imam Mahdi
• 2) The Great Famine ( 3 yrs)
• 3) Ignorance will prevail
Dajjal is a young fat man, wheat-ish in
complexion with a broad chest and biting teeth.
• He will have curly hair with the letters "Ka'
"Fa" "Ra'' written between his eyes.
• His left eye has a swelling pupil while he is
blind from the right.
• He has a brisk walk and no children
• Hadhrat Huzaifah (R.A.) says, “Dajjal will be blind in
his left eye. He will have very thick hair on his body
and he will also have his own type of Jannat (Heaven)
and Jahannam (Hell) with him: Although his Jannat
will appear as Jannat, in reality it will be Jahannam
and likewise though his Jahannam will appear to be
Jahannam, in reality it will be Jannat.” (Muslim)
He will emerge between Shaam and Iraq.
The People of Isfahaan will be his main followers.
Apart from having them, he will have a great number of
women followers as well.
He will have with him fire and water, but in reality the fire will
be cold water while that what appears to be cold water will in
reality be a blazing fire.
Those who obey him will enter "his Jannat" while those who
disobey him will enter "his Jahannam.“
The letters "Kaa" "Faa" "Raa" will appear on his forehead and
will be deciphered by all Mu'mineen regardless of them being
literate or not.
Dajjal will lay claim to prophet hood. He will then lay claim to
He will send down rains upon those who believe in him, which
in turn will cause good crops to grow, trees to bear fruit and
cattle to grow fat.
He will cause drought to those who disbelieve in him, resulting
in starvation and hardship for them.
During those trying times the Mu'mineen will satiate their
hunger through the recitation of Subhanallah and La'ilaha
Finally Isa (A.S.) will descend from the heavens and pursue
him and eventually kill him at present day Lydda
Only twO places where Dajjal will nOt be
able tO enter
prOtectiOn frOm Dajjal
• Seeking Refuge with Allah swt.:Dua that prophet Muhammad
SAW taught us to add after Salatul Ibrahimiya
• Surah Kahf The recitation of Surah Kahf is a safe guard from
the Dajjal's turmoil. The Prophet (s) said, "Whoever
memorises the first ten verses of Surah Kahf will be safe from
the Dajjal's Fitna." (Abu-Darda / Muslim)
• Knowing the Attributes of Allah swt and believeing in them.
• Safe Haven Makkah and Madinah.
return Of isa as
• Allah says in the Quran, "They did not kill him and nor did
they crucify him but the resemblance of him (Jesus ) was put
over another man and those who differ there in, are in doubt.
They have no certain knowledge. They are following nothing
but conjecture for surely they did not kill him but Allah raised
him up to him." (Surah Nisa)
• Allah says in the Quran, "And he (son of Mary) shall be a
known sign for (the coming of) the hour." (Surah
what are his main tasks here On
• 1) The first and most important will be that he will destroy the
2) Protect the Muslims from the barbarous tribes of Yajuj and
Majuj by taking them to Mount Tur and then Praying for their
(Yajuj and Majuj's) destruction.
3) Reign as a Khalifh according to the Quran and Sunnah and
Descent Of isa as.
• He will descend at the time of Ad-Dajjal and Al-Mahdi;
at the time of Salat-ul-Fajr on a masjid in Damascus,
• He will be of medium height, ruddy (or rosy) faced, and
his hair will appear as if he has just taken a shower.
• He will call people back to Islam and they will obey his
call. He will also warn people against Ad-Dajjal and call
them to fight him.
• He will fight the Dajjal and kill him. The people of the
Book (Christians and Jews) will revert to Islam.
• During his stay on earth, wealth will be super-abundant.
He will kill the swine in support of this prohibition.
• He will stay for forty years on earth and then die.
the wisDOm in the DescensiOn Of
prOphet isa (as.)
• The Ulama of the Ahlus - Sunnah have given many different
1) The Jews believe that they had killed Prophet Jesus, Allah
will send him before the end of time to prove that they had not
killed him and that he is alive. It is he who will kill the Jews
and their leader Dajjal. (Fathul - Bari)
2) Some Ulama have said that Prophet Jesus found many
virtues of the followers of Prophet Muhammad in the bible
and thus he prayed to Allah to make him amongst the Ummah
of Prophet Muhammad . Allah answered his prayer and he will
return for the second time as one of the followers of Prophet
Muhammad . (Ibne-Khathir)
• 3) It is the Law of Allah that anything that is created from the
Earth has to be buried in the Earth and not the Heavens. Thus
he will return to the Earth for the second time, kill the Dajjal,
live for a period of time and then he will die a natural death
and will be buried with the Prophet . (Ashratus-Sa'ah).
yajuj anD majuj
• The emergence of the mighty tribes of Ya'juj and Ma'juj is
also a major sign of Qiyamah.
Allah says in the Qur'an, "When Ya'juj and Ma'juj are let loose
(from their Barrier) and they swiftly swarm from every
mound" (Surah Al-Anbiya)
• Allah says in the Qur'an, " (Zulqarnain) said, 'This is a mercy
from my Lord, but when the promise of my Lord comes, He
shall level it down (the barrier) to the ground. And the promise
of my Lord is ever true." (Surah Al-Kahf)
breaking thrOugh the wall.
Abu Huraira (R.A.) narrated that every day Ya'juj Ma'juj try to
break free through the wall of Zulqarnain until they reach the
end of it to the extent that they could actually see the light on
the other side. They then return home saying, ''We will break
through tomorrow. '' However, Allah causes the wall to revert
to its original thickness and the next day they start all over
again. This process continues each day as long as Allah wills
for them to remain imprisoned. When Allah wishes for them to
be released, then at the end of that day they will say, ''If Allah
wills, we will break through tomorrow.'' The next day they
will find the wall as they left it the previous day and after
breaking through the rest they will escape. (Ahmed,
Tirmidhi, Ibne Majah)
yajuj anD majuj
They are two hidden tribes of people who will break
through a barrier that holds them back and ravage the earth.
They will drink all the water, destroy plants and animals
and kill people.
This will occur roughly around the time of the second
coming of Prophet Isa
Prophet Isa and the believers will seek refuge in the
mountains because they will be extremely outnumbered by
the tribes of Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj.
Allah will send to them a type of worm or insect that will
wipe them out.
1) Three huge earthquakes:
• These major earthquakes will damage a great deal of the
• One will occur in the East, another in the West, and the
third will be in the Arabian Peninsula
2) The smoke will affect both the believers and non-
belivers alike remaining for a period of 40 days and
night. The believers will be affected a little as if suffering
from cold while the smoke will enter the brains of the
non-belivers and make them unconscious1
• 3) The rising of the sun from the west is also a major sign of
Qiyamah proven by the Qur'an and Sunnah.
Allah says in the Qur'an, "The day when some signs of your
Lord will come, no good will it do to a person to believe then,
if he believed not before, nor earned good (by performing
deeds of righteousness) through his faith." (Surah Al-
• The verse is referring to the rising of the sun from the west, as
is the opinion of the majority of the commentators.
Doors of repentance closeD
• Once the sun has risen from the west the door of repentance
will be closed and will remain closed until the Day of
• If any infidel embraces Islam or any Muslim repents and seeks
forgiveness for his sins any time after the rising of the sun
from the west till the Day of Judgement, it will not be
• The Messenger of Allah said, "Verily Allah extends
his hand at night so that the sinners of the day may
repent and verily extends his hand during the day so
that the sinners of the night may repent. (He will keep
on doing this) as long as the sun does not rise from
the west." (Abu-Musa al-Ashari/ Muslim)
• The Beast is also a major sign of Qiyamah. Allah says in the
Qur'an, "And when the word is fulfilled concerning them. We
shall bring forth a Beast of the Earth to speak unto them
because mankind had no faith in our revelation." (Surah An-
• Abdullah-b-Umar said, "I memorised a Hadith from the
Messenger of Allah which I have not forgotten. I heard the
Messenger of Allah saying, 'The first of the signs that will
come is the rising of the sun from the place of its setting and
the emergence of the Beast upon the people. Whichever of
these two occurs before the other then the other is right behind
task of tHe Beast
• The task of the Beast will be to distinguish the believers from
• The Beast will also talk to people. It will say, "Mankind had
no faith in our revelations." (Ibne Kathir)
• Many opinions are expressed regarding the nature of the beast.
Allah knows best.
tHe Breeze from tHe soutH
• Thereafter an extremely fresh and fragrant breeze will blow
from the south causing a slight pain under the armpits of the
Mu’mineen. This pain will soon cause their deaths according
to the order of their piety, i.e. first the most pious, then the
sinners, then the flagrant sinners, etc. until no Mu’min, pious
or sinful remains
• Now that no Mu’min remains on the face of the earth, the
forces of Kufr and falsehood will be rampant. The entire world
will be under the the domination of Kuffar. They will destroy
• Hajj will no longer take place. The words of the Holy Qur'aan
will be lifted from the pages.
• There will neither be any fear of Allah in the hearts of the
people nor any obedience whatsoever to His commands.
• People will stoop to the lowest level of bestiality, perpetrating
the worst acts of immorality, corruption and evil.
• There will be such ignorance that not a single being will
mention the name of Allah.
• These will be the worst creation ever and upon them Qiyamah
• There will be a certain degree of peace in Shaam as compared
to the rest of the world and many people will emigrate towards
Shaam with their families
tHe Great fire of tHe soutH
• A huge fire will break out in Yemen and the people
will flee from it. The fire will follow them as they
When they will stop to rest, it too will stop close by, and
as they proceed it will resume following them.
In this manner it will drive them towards Shaam, after
which it will disappear. This is the final sign of
• Some years after the Fire, while people will be living their
lives in sin, enjoying the luxury and comforts of the world, on
a Friday which will be the 10th Muharram, the day of
Aashura, a distant continuous sound will be heard.
• At first no one will take notice of this sound, but as it
gradually grows louder, people will be overtaken by fear. This
will be the TRUMPET (Soor) being blown by Hadhrat lsrafeel
• Alhamdulillah through the teachings of Quran and noble
teachings of Our Beloved Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)
these signs are presented before us so that we may reform
ourselves and attain eternal bliss
• I pray to the Almighty Allah to grant us the taufeeq to awaken
us from the deep and to take the responsibility to show the
path of salvation to the whole of mankind
• Compiled from following sources.