What is Bing Webmaster
• Bing Webmaster Tools which allows you to
see a quick overview for all your sites added to
your Webmaster account.
• Provides data for webmasters to use and
address potential SEO issues, and serves as the
primary mechanism for Bing to communicate
those issues to site owners.
• Bing webmaster tools helps the website
owners to index the website in Bing
• Bing Webmaster tool is a free software of
Microsoft provided to webmasters for
submitting their sites.
• It gives SEO reports of your sites and
information related to the site submitted in it.
Adding a Site
• For adding a site to Bing Webmaster Tool, you
should need a Microsoft account.
• Sign in the webmaster tool using the Microsoft
username & password.
Enter URL and sitemap URL of your site and click
Download BingSiteAuth.xml and place it in the root
directory of your site. Once it there click the verify
Copy the meta tag and add it in the homepage of
In WordPress, dashboard >Tools >Paste at Bing
In Blogger, Template >Edit HTML > paste in
If you don't have the ability to either modify the
head of your home page or to drop files in the
root of your domain, then this is the only option
that will work for you.
You'll need to add a CNAME record with the
name provided to the value verify.bing.com.
There are instructions on how to do this for the
majority of popular hosting solutions.
Submit a Sitemap
• A sitemap is a list of pages in a website that can
be accessible for a crawler or a user.
• The Bing Webmaster tool allows the site owners
to add their sitemaps into webmaster tool.
• Copy the URL of your site and paste it in the
appropriate bar and click Submit a Sitemap.
• The purpose of adding the sitemap into bing
webmaster tool is that to crawl the pages by
Go to Configure My Sites -> Sitemaps and paste
the sitemap on the appropriate box and submit it.
Fetch as Bingbot
• It is a tool that allows to see you exactly what
the Bingbot see the webpage of your site when
• It also helps to troubleshoot your site.
• It check whether your site can be crawled or
• Fetch as Bingbot can select from the
Diagnostics & tools section on Bing.