Why Emotional Appeal?
• It helps you break through the clutter and
stand out……. Everyone is communicating
something at the same time.
• Creates a bond between consumers and the
product….. You have to connect with your
customers, build relationships with them.
• “In order to be irreplaceable one must
always be different.”
Some of the Emotions to Target
Live life today
Make life better
Importance to Marketing
Emotions are critical to marketing. If correctly analyzed
and targeted, emotional marketing content produces a
better result than rational content. An analysis of 1400
case studies in the USA of successful advertising
campaigns shows that those with emotional content
performed twice as better than those with only rational
People feel first before they think.
How to use it
• Study the demographics of your target market and
know what triggers their emotions
• Create a message, theme or ideas that gives
meaning for the consumer. The themes should
appeal to the person’s internal motivation
• Your message should speak to the individual’s need
for satisfaction, security, love, power, assurance etc
How to use it
•The New Brain THINKS. It processes rational data
•The Middle Brain FEELS. It processes emotions and gut feelings
• The Old Brain DECIDES. It takes into account the input from the other two
brains, but the old brain is the actual trigger of decisions