Reliance Jio Infocomm
• Jio, is a LTE mobile network operator in India
• Which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance
• Industries headquartered in Mumbai,
•With coverage across all 22 telecom circles in
• The services were first “beta” launched to Jio's
partners and employees on 27 December 2015.
•Later services were commercially launched on 5
• Firstly Jio has started providing free Wi-Fi hotspot
services in cities throughout India.
• Secondly Reliance Jio had started its Preview Offer in May
this year .
• That was only for a Reliance employees.
• Soon after that the Jio SIM was available to people.
• The Preview Offer SIM was virtually available to
• Before the mid August, the Jio has a service incredibly
• Reliance Jio Welcome Offer, which started from
Products and Services
• The company has launch its 4G broadband services
throughout India .
• It will offer data and voice services with peripheral
services like instant messaging, live TV, movies on
demand, news, streaming music, and a digital payments
• The company has a network of more than 250,000 km of
fiber optic cables in the country.
• Jio will also serve as a TV channel distributor and will
offer television-on-demand on its network.
• In June 2015, Jio tied up with domestic handset
maker Intex to supply 4G handsets.
• Through this, it plans to offer 4G voice calling besides
rolling out high-speed Internet services.
• In October 2015, Jio announced that it would be
launching its own mobile handset brand named LYF.
• On 25 January 2016, the company launched its LYF
Smartphone series starting with Water 1.
• Three more handset models have been released so far,
namely Water 2, Earth and Flame1 .
• In May 2016, Jio launched a bundle of multimedia apps
on Google Play as part of its upcoming 4G services.
While the apps are available to download for everyone,
a user will require a Jio SIM card to use them.
Additionally, most of the apps are in beta
phase. Following is a list of the apps:
Comparison of Jio plans with other
Airtel response to Jio
• In a move to counter Reliance Jio, telecom major Bharti Airtel has slashed 4G and 3G
mobile internet charges by up to 80 per cent to as low as Rs 51 per gigabyte (GB) under
a special scheme.
To avail this benefit, Airtel customers will have to recharge with Rs 1,498 against which
they will get 1GB of 4G or 3G mobile internet usage valid for 28 days, the company said
in a statement.
Post exhaustion of 1GB data limit, the customers can get 1GB 4G or 3G recharges for
just Rs 51 over a period of 12 months and there is no limit on the number of recharges
during the period.
At present, Airtel offers 1GB of 3G or 4G mobile internet for Rs 259 valid for 28 days.
The company has launch a similar scheme in lower denomination of Rs 748. Under this
scheme, Airtel customers will get 1GB of 4G for Rs 99 over a period of six months.
• Reliance make such bold moves and invest in India.
• It will increase the progress rate in India
• Will improve our quality of life.
• It will also give much needed jobs to millions of people.
• Their LYF branded phones are also one of the cheapest
4G phones in the world.
• Also, we absolutely need competition in this stagnated.
• Telecom industry which is currently dominated by
players who may have secretly made agreements with
each other to not compete on the basis of price.
• For Consumers:-
• When Reliance Jio was launched, users experienced superfast data
speeds above 50 Mbps
• Higher than its rivals Bharti Airtel , Vodafone and Idea Cellular.
• One month on, Reliance Jio may have gained record users but it still
has to address a serious issue besides call drops.
• It's data speeds have fallen with a rise in users.
• Some users even say Vodafone and other carriers' speed is much
• It looks like mean download speeds for 4G capable phones actually
decreased 23 percent month-over-month from 11.31 Mbps to 8.77
Mbps, continuing a downward trend for 2016.
• By just making their tariff plan in such a way that most people
interested in 4G have to pay over Rs 500 per month, Jio will be
making way more money than the current players.
• Till January 1, consider that every service from Jio is part of a
big beta testing.
• Declining speed of 4G.
• More and More customers linking to reliance.
• A tough competitor to all other telecom companies.
• A big step towards digital india.