Findings from the NRF-FFC Omnichannel Retail Index 2016
63%of retailers empower sales associates to
look up items online or from another store if the
item is not available.
61%of retailers offer buy in store and
32%of retailers offer the ability to buy
online and pick up in store.
What We’re Seeing and Hearing
Omnichannel and Digital
Single View of the Customer
Data: Master Data
Management, CRM, BI
Operations: Ent Inventory,
Fulfillment, Store Ops
Store / Site / Mobile / Social /
Wholesale / etc. Experience
Content and Context
“Personalization is the New Omnichannel”
Knowing her interests
to prove relevancy.
Knowing her preferences.
Helping her find it quickly.
whenever she wants.
Strategy, business model, and tactics must reflect your omnichannel aspirations.
• Understand your customer - what channel does your target customers prefer to
research, browse, and purchase in?
• Conduct gap analysis between current customer journey and the ideal shopping
• Invest deliberately in table stakes vs. best practices vs. innovation
• Test, adjust, test, adjust…
Thrilling Your Customer
Leveraging technology to reduce hassle
The Guideshop Point of Sale
• Due to rapid store growth Bonobos needed a way to enable Guides with the tools
necessary to serve the customer
• Launched POS with the goal of a smoother and more customer-friendly shopping journey
• Guides use one tool for from the onset of an appointment, through shopping the catalog,
checkout, and post appointment follow up
• Integrated customer profile and account across all channels and devices
Pilot Jan 2016, rolling out to all stores in April 2016
So, what’s the next evolution of clienteling?
Extending the relationship between Guide and customer beyond 4 walls to:
• Create an easier process to following up with customers
• Increase in-store and at-home conversions
• Enable “standardized” communications with clients
Clienteling Key Features
1. Customer Information: view past shopping history, style preferences, and notes
2. Top Customer: view and access the last 100 customers captured
3. Client Follow-Ups: consolidated messaging history and standardized best practices on
4. Store Associate Performance: associate, conversion, traffic, and loyalty metrics