Show of Hands…
See Social-Media-Optimizatio.xls for details across all channels.
How many of you blog?
How many of you have abandoned your blog?
How many of you plan to start a blog?
What is a Blog?
• Blog originally came from the word “weblog”.
• It’s akin to an online journal or diary, although blogs are
used for much more now, like online journalism and Digital
• A blogger is someone who blogs, or writes content for a
• Blogging is the act of writing a post for a blog.
The Blogger Spirit…
• A blog can be whatever you want it to be; it’s not
about the what but the why.
• Blogging is what you do, what you do not do, and
what you wish you had done when you did it.
Facts About Blogs…
• Based on Wordpress stats, about 1,654,479 new Blog Articles are
posted each day.
• 54.7 million Wordpress blogs that 330 million people view – at a
total of over 2.5 billion pages – each month.
• Those 181 million blogs (based again on Wordpress stats) boast over
1.3 million comments each day.
• A large majority of Internet users read blogs at least monthly, and 46
% read blogs more than once per day.
• Post early! Blog reading is highest (80 %) in the mornings, peaks at
10 AM and decreases throughout the day.
• Business blogging- 70 % of marketers blog at least weekly.
• Blogging frequency matters. Hubspot reported in March of 2012 that
43 % of “less than monthly” business bloggers yielded a customer
from their blog, compared to 92 % of businesses blogging “multiple
times per day".
• Companies that blog have 55% more website visitors.
• Companies with more than 51 blog articles experience a 77 % lift in
median monthly leads.
Blogs that Rock!!
• http://ma.tt/ (Wordpress
Founder Matt Mullenweg's Blog)
• http://techcrunch.com/ (The
undisputed King, of course!)
(The rants of an upcoming