"I UNDERSTAND THE WORLD,
AS A FIELD FOR CULTURAL
COMPETITION BETWEEN THE
• Goce Delchev, was born on February 4th year 1872 in Kukuš,
Aegean Macedonia (today Kilkis). Goce Delchev was from
patriotic Macedonian family, who gave more revolutionaries.
father was Nikola Delchev and his mother Sultana Delcheva.
• He finished the primary school in the native
• Goce Delchev went to the Male Secondary
School in Solun (Thessaloniki). He lived in
boarding school, and was wonderful and
excellent student. He read a lot of books with
socialistic, revolutionary and philosophic
• In the summer 1891 Goce Delchev went in a
military school in Sophia.
• In the spring 1894 Goce Delcev went to work as an teacher in
Novo Selo near Stip. . Here, Goce Delchev immediately became
member of the Macedonian Revolutionary Organization and
took part in the activity of spreading the organization network
in the Macedonian cities.
• Thanks to Goce, the members of the organization started to
increase very fast.
• . One of the most important is the work of Goce Delchev in the
summer 1896, when was the congress of the organization in
Solun . Together with Gjorce Petrov they worked on the
Constitution and Laws of the organization. Later the
organization renames to Secret Macedonian-Odrin
Revolutionary Organization (SMORO).
HIS LAST BATTLE
• In April 1903, he had a trip to Solun, with a simple target, to tell
Dame Gruev not to start the uprising soon because they are not
ready yet. Because nobody even tried to listen to him,
disappointed he went back to take part in the congress of Serez,
and probably extradited by someone, was killed by the Turks in
the village of Banica, near Serez (Aegean Macedonia-Greece),
on May 4th 1903.
• Goce Delchev was a patriot, who wanted, spent and gave his
life to the national-liberation struggle for independence of
Macedonia He dedicated his whole life to the revolutionary
organization and making it strong and ready for fight. In his
honor a lot of streets and public objects are carrying his name