The following descriptions explain which type of settings we will be including in our trailer.
1. Corridor/Hallway – This setting is for the one shot we see only the boss’s feet walking past.
The setting chosen here will portray the fact the boss is purposefully walking towards
something and be a bit eerie and dominating because it will be dim and long.
We will switch the lights off in a school hallway and film in that.
2. Dark, Bland, Back Room – Reflects the lack of emotion on Tony’s behalf and his dark secret
side. It has to be a back room because there must retain an air of secrecy.
Use the drama studio with very dimmed lights (and can use certain props) to film these scenes.
3. Bathroom – Sense of fright because the ‘capo’ gets killed in his own bathroom by Tony so
the setting is meant to portray how none of the characters can feel safe anywhere, nowhere
We have chosen to do these shots in a bathroom store because they have the right kind of mirrors
and settings, plus it is very spacious.
4. Bedroom – Shows the personal side to Tony but it is sinister because he is emotionless and
the presence of the gun in the shot simply enhances that feeling.
We have chosen Jon’s bedroom to do this in because it has a suitable appeal and is spacious with
5. Alleyway – Portrays an air of secrecy. Plus, it is unsettling the scene is because Tony is seen
bribing a cop, which portrays a sense of insecurity and injustice in the audience because it
makes Tony seem unstoppable as the law is corrupt and can’t even stop him.
There are a few alleyways we found to do the alleyway shots in so we decided to film the scenes in a
couple of them and then decide which would look best in the trailer.
6. Street – A quick sense of normality that is crushed and infused with a sense of fear as we
witness some being shut in a car boot.
A street off Sunderland Street (runs parallel to it), because it is more isolated and seems mysterious.
7. Woods – Heightens sense of fear, mystery and isolation. Portrays the loneliness and
ruthlessness of Tony’s mind.
We decided to use the school woods because they are easily accessible and are quite foreboding
with a good light.
8. Church – Ironic because of the presence of everything unholy like guns and murder. A binary
opposite and it installs a feeling of fear in the audience because as they see Tony praying
there is a realisation in them that he is unsettled and maybe a little psychotic.
We chose St.Micheals church because it is spacious and echoes which will create an eerie feeling.
9. Dark, Small, Back Room – Installs a sense of secrecy again and confinement, as though the
boss is hiding out.
We will again shoot this in either the drama studio at school or studio five to create the sense of
confinement because the boss is ‘hiding out’.