Sir. Agha Mahmood
HISTORY OF RAILWAYS IN SUB-CONTINENT:
Sir Henry Edward Frere, appointed as the
commissioner of Sindh, sought permission from lord
Dalhousie to begin a survey for a Karachi seaport and a
railway line in 1858. On may 13th, 1861 the first railway
line was opened to the public, between Karachi (city)
and Kotri, with a total distance of 105 miles (169 km).
Pakistan Railways at the time of independence, 1,947
route miles (3,133 km) of north western railways were
transferred to India, leaving 5,048 route miles (8,122
km) to Pakistan.
PAKISTAN RAILWAYS: SALIENT FEATURES:
1. Head quarter in Lahore.
2. Stretched over 8000 km.
3. Important mode of transport.
4. Administer under federal government, ministry
5. Vertically integrated organization.
6. It has an annual revenue of around rs.18.6
Our MOTO Safety
first and Always
To provide a safe reliable , modern, efficient and
cost effective infrastructure to its customers: to
contribute in building the economy of Pakistan
and to look after the welfare of its employees.
STRATEGIC BUSINESS UNITS
1. Operation unit
2. Manufacturing unit
3. Welfare & special initiative unit
4. Pakistan railway academy walton
5. Federal government inspector of railways
6. Vigilance directorate
7. Railway estate development & marketing company
8. Internal auditor