Kolkatta- Kolkatta Metro ; Delhi-Delhi Metro ; Jaipur-Jaipur Metro ; Mumbai-Mumbai Metro ; Gurgaon-Rapid MetroRail Gurgaon ; Chennai- Chennai MRTS ; Nagpur-Nagpur Metro; Banglore- Namma Metro
1 is Paris Metro.
Distance btw Mumbai and ahmedabad is 500 km.
PPT On High Speed Railways
Prepared by :
Lady Anusiya Singhania Education
Indian Railways at a Glance
In 2013–2014 Indian Railways had revenues of Rs.1441.67 billion (US$24 billion)
which consists of Rs.375.0 billion (US$6.2 billion) from freight and Rs.940.0 billion
(US$16 billion) from passengers tickets.
Indian Railways is an Indian state-owned enterprise, owned and operated by the
Government of India through the Ministry of Railways.
Indian Railways is the world's ninth largest commercial or utility employer, by
number of employees, with over 1.307 million employees.
One of the world's largest railway networks comprising 115,000 km (71,000 mi) of
track over a route of 65,436 km (40,660 mi) and 7,172 stations.
In 2013-14, IR carried 8,425 million passengers annually or more than 23 million
passengers daily and 1050.18 million tons of freight in the year.
High Speed Railways Exists
In Different Forms:
• Local Trains Of Mumbai
• Metro Railway System
• Semi High Speed Trains
• Bullet Trains
Benefits Of Mumbai Local
• It Is The Lifeline For The People
• It Provides High Speed
Connectivity Btw. Different Parts
• Important For The Dabbawalas And
• It Also Helps In Transportation Of
Goods And Fishes. Thus Helping
In Development Of Mumbai And
What is Metro ?
• Metro Rail Is A Mass Rapid Transport System
• It Is A Convienent, Fast, Effiecent, Reliable, Modern,
User Friendly, Comfortable And Affordable Mode Of
• It Runs At A Speed Of Around 150-160 kmph.
Present Status Of Metro
Till Date 8 Metro Systems Are Operational In India-
• Delhi Metro System
• Kolkatta Metro System
• Jaipur Metro System
• Mumbai Metro System
• Gurgaon Metro System
• Chennai Metro System
• Nagpur Metro System
• Banglore Metro System
Facts About Delhi Metro
• Occupies no road space if underground and only
about 2.60 meters width of the road if elevated.
• The Delhi Metro System Is Currently Having More
Than 200 Trains Running Which Cover A Distance Of
69,000 Kms In A Day.
• There Is A Seprate Yellow Tiled Pathway For Visually
• The Delhi Metro Is Recently Ranked 2 Among 18
International Metro Systems.
Benefits Of Delhi Metro
• Requires 1/5th Energy Per Passenger km
Compared To Road-Based Transport System.
• Causes Less Noise, No Air Pollution And Eco
Friendly Transport System.
• Cost Effective Mass Transport System.
• Reduces Traffic Transport Problems.
What is Gatimaan Express ??
• Gatimaan Express is a Semi high
speed train that run between
Delhi and Agra . In India it
operates at a speed of around
History Of Gatimaan Express
• Launched By Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu On April 5,2015.
• Fastest train System Of India.
• Runs Between Delhi And Agra.
• Popularly Known As ‘Semi-Bullet’.
Facts About Gatimaan Express
• The Top Speed Of The Express Will Be Around 160 kmph.
• Fare Of The Ticket Is Between Rs.750-Rs.1500.
• Runs Six Days In A Week. Doesn’t Run On Friday As Taj Mahal
Is Closed On Friday.
• Passengers Will get Free Access To Multimedia Content.
• Every Passenger Will Be Welcomed By Train Hostesses Who
Will Offer Them Roses.
Benefits Of Gatimaan Express
• The Coaches For The Train Are Made In India At The
Kapurthala Rail Coach Factory.
• The Trains Will Have Bio-toilets Which Would Ensure
That The Waste Is Treated In The Right Manner.
• The Train Is A State Of Art And Safety With Automatic
Braking System, Sliding Doors In Coaches.
What is a Bullet Train ?
Bullet train is a system of transportation that uses magnetic
levitation to suspend, guide and propel vehicles from
magnets rather than using mechanical methods, such as
friction-reliant wheels, axles and bearings.It Is Also Known
As “Maglev Train”.
Bullet Trains a Big Boost To
On December 18, 2015 , India and Japan signed a
rupees 98,000 crore project to lay India’s first Bullet
Train network between commercial nerve centre of
Mumbai and Ahmadabad.
Our Prime Minister Mr . Narendra Modi said that this
step would revolutionize the Indian railways and
would also speed up Indian journey into the future.
Facts About Bullet Trains In
• The First Bullet Train In India Will Be Laid With The
Help Of Japan.
• To Make The Bullet Train Viable For India Railways,
The Charges For The Train Would Be Around Rs.5/km.
• The Cost Of Building 1 Km Of Track Is Equal To
Benefits Of Bullet Trains In India
• The Bullet Train Project Will Provide New Jobs For The
• It Will Provide A Good Competition To The Airlines.
• The Bullet Train Is Expected To Double Its Revenue
After 20 Years Of Its Completition.