STEP 1: LISTENING
- Listen to conversations about your brand, your
offerings & your industry.
- Calculate your share of voice – and your
- Find relevant communities and bloggers who
write about your subject
- Identify the influencers in these groups.
- Compile the results of this phase & set goals
• Google Alerts
• Social Mention
STEP 2: PLANNING
- Develop content strategy based on what was
discovered in the previous step.
- Evaluate the platforms and tools- which tools
are best for this initiative to reach the people
you want to start conversations with
- Finalize the platforms meeting the given
- Create/Curate the content
- Stock the content in a repository
STEP 3: ENGAGEMENT
- Start posting on the selected platforms.
- Participate in and facilitate conversations.
- Provide tools to make it easy to find, share
and discuss the content.
- Use effective messaging techniques, like
including a Call-to-Action with every post.
- Mix up your content. (text
posts, photos, videos, links, etc.). Use more of
• Ask questions
• Use pictures (lots of them!)
• Write it for your audience
• Say interesting things!
• Don’t make it controversial. Keep it
STEP 4: MEASUREMENT
- Monitor responses and reactions.
- Track and measure results.
- Observe for patterns in the analytics.
- Address the shortcomings. Repeat the
- Feed back the insights at Steps 1 and 2.
- Keep evolving the strategy accordingly.