Prepared by- Poonam Maurya
T.G.T English , J.N.V Korea, C.G.
Wonders of sleep and Dream
THIS CHAPTER TELLS ABOUT SLEEP WHICH IS A STATE
OF REST- AN UNCONSCIOUS REST. A GOOD SLEEP
RECOVERS OUR BODY AND BRAIN FROM FATIGUE. IT
MAKES US ALERT AND ACTIVE AGAIN, READY FOR THE
NORMAL ACTIVITIES OF THE DAY.
SEVERAL THINGS WHICH HAPPEN TO
OUR BODY WHILE SLEEPING
• Our muscles relax more and more.
• Our heartbeat becomes slower.
• Our temperature and blood pressure go
• The ever-active brain also slows down so
that we can’t think or act consciously.
• We dream sometimes.
WHAT IS A DREAM?
It is an activity of
the mind that takes
place when we are
asleep. Some dream
are probable while
others are not.
Dreams simply can
never tell the future.
IMPORTANCE OF DREAM
Dreams seem to be
important for several
reasons such as • A dream can help us
to sleep through noise
or other disturbances.
• One’s dream reveal a
great deal about one’s
problems. They can
provide a key to the
solution of those
Recover- to get well again
Fatigue- tiredness due to hard work
Probable- likely to happen, be true.
Several- more than two but not very many.
Experience- the knowledge or skill gained
through doing something.
Wonder- surprise or something
• Our body and brain recover from fatigue after a
• During sleep, our heartbeat becomes slower and
our temperature and blood pressure go down.
• A dream is an activity of the mind when we are
• Dreams help us sleep through noise and other
• Dreams may reveal about one’s problems but
can’t tell the future.
Several things……while sleeping. (page26)
Comprehension question• What happens to our body when we are asleep?
• What happens to our body when we wake up?
• What activity of the mind takes place in the
Certain doctors……asleep. (page26-27)
What have been found by several doctors?
What can provide a key to the solution of
Can dreams tell our future?
What is the most common experience of
all of us?
What is written about sleep by poets?
Define dream in your words.
What is sleep?
When does our blood pressure go
Can we always remember our
What makes us alert and active?
• Describe briefly an improbable
dream you have had.
• Why are dreams important?
Mention two reasons?
• What happens to our body when we
Write Opposite of the following
Sleep, conscious, alert, possible,
active, slow, reveal, important,
beautiful, remember, noise.
Frame the sentence with the help of
the given words as shown in the
Example : I had a dream.
Provide, important, awake, relax,