Benefits of Cardamom
The cardamom herb or cumin cardamom is referred to as the Queen of spices and is
popularly referred to as cardamom elaichi in India and the Indian subcontinent. Apart
from its aromatic fragrance used for flavoring foods, cardamom uses range from it being
a digestive system tonic to an essential oil in aroma therapy. Here are some health
benefits of cardamom:
1. Cardamom fight against gas. It helps to relieve gas and heart burn.
2. Cardamom gives instant relief from the headache.(applying the paste over forehead
gives the relief.)
3. Cardamom is useful for the protection against heat stroke. One should chew a
cardamom while going outside home in sun.
4. Aromatic cardamom acts as breath freshener because of its fragrance.
5. Cardamom is very good refinement spice against caffeine. (detoxifies caffeine).
6. Helpful in balancing all the three doshas that’s why termed as “tridoshic”Little
quantity of cardamom is beneficial in balacing kapha”.
7. Useful in various kinds of respiratory disorders. In sore throat beneficial.
8. Cardamom also helps in asthma and whooping-cough. Make a paste by adding
cardamom powder and honey. Regular use of this mixture will give you relief from
asthma and whooping-cough.
9. Cardamom has very good anti-spasmodic abilities so it is very helpful in stopping
spasms and tremors.
10. Cardamom helps in the stimulation and regulation process of discharge of gastric
juices and balances stomach acids.
11. Cardamom helps greatly to cure teeth gum and tooth infections.
12. Cardamom supports the detoxification process of the body and helps to filter the
13. Cardamom is useful in the problems of urinating. You just have to eat cardamom
added in to amla, curd, or honey.
14. Cardamom warms the respiratory tract and by doing this, it increases the circulation
to the lungs.
15. It helps those suffering from stomach cramps (cardmom +long pepper+clarified
16. Cardamom is a boon for vocalists as it helps in improving voice.
17. It has some role in relieving hiccups.
18. It is one of the antidepressant in Ayurveda.
19. Good remedy in vomiting.
20. Cardamom’s aroma has encouraging effects on the nervous system. It gives healthy
feelings during the period of weakness.