• 1.5 billion bottles are sold in more than
40 countries across the world.
• The Evian brand can be valued at
$1,027 million .
• Premium popular brand in France, Switzerland, UK, Belgium.
• Was only sold at urban centres to a specific target group in other
countries i.e. an narrow urban market.
• Product was positioned based on the market.
“ Unification of brand communication on a global level”
History- • Owned by French Food
Products group Danone
which acquired the brand
Powerful hold on Managing Mass Communications
Evian choice of associating with advertiser BETC Paris
• Evian positioned itself to be the “perfect water
Evian designed to target mothers, mid-
wives and doctors .
• Evian communication added a new
reference to health and theme of Alps was
The theme of “purity” was chosen to
differentiate the Evian from
•“The water you drink is as
important as the air you
•“Live young ”
Water Babies Campaign-
• This campaign of Evian made the
brand evoked youth that had
through babies swimming in
• This Ad was an instant hit and spawned
over 254 million views. It currently holds
the record for the most number of views on
• Hold Guinness World record in this
Evian’s T-shirt Campaign-
• Evian launched the T-shirt with
images of baby bodies and this
campaign got huge success globally
and created Evian’s brand awareness
• This Evian’s Campaign main
targets to make brand
market in Asia.
Baby & Me Ad Campaign-
• This Evian’s campaign uses a baby-and-adult mirrored-dancing
concept to highlight their “Live Young” slogan.
Social media presence
Traditional media presence
Evian organise the First Woman’s
Golf Open Championship which is
currently one of major tournament
Evian is the Official Water Brand
for Wimbledon Tennis
Evian is also Sponsor for Paris
Evian also market their water bottles signed by
• Evian also supports various environmental
protection initiatives like through creation
of Schools of Water .
• Evian also developed Partnership with Red Cross.
• Evian affirming its positioning on health and children.
• Evian has proved that a brand has to continue to innovate around the
brand, not necessarily in terms of the product itself, but how it is
packaged and all its various touch points.
1908 1930’s 1950’s 1968 1980’s 1998 2007-08 2013 2016
Evian begins selling in glass bottles
Starts selling in PVC bottles
Baby & me campaign starts
September 10, 2016
Water babies ad campaign starts
Alps as its theme
Roller babies campaign starts
Created by Nikhil Nehra, IIT Roorkee,
during a Marketing Internship by Prof.
Sameer Mathur, IIM Lucknow