Module 5 Moving beyond the edge
These are the slides for Module 5 of The School for Health and Care Radicals, a five week virtual programme, designed to equip people across the health and care system with the core skills to improve their skills as change agents.
Change always starts at the edge and always starts with the activists. This module looks at ways we can move towards the edge and towards sustainable change.
• Review of what we have learnt so far; characteristics of a transformational change agent
– Peter Fuda’s Transformation Change Agent framework
– ‘Being’ a health and care radical – going back to ‘change starts with me’
– ‘Seeing’ as a health and care radical
– ‘Doing’ as a health and care radical
– Quick review of some models and theories
• 'From’ the edge – views about emerging directions for change and change agents
– What do we mean when we say 'from the edge?'
– What is happening with change?
– What is the difference between tacit and explicit knowledge?
– Opportunities for health and care radicals – being bridge-builders and curators
• Reflections and key messages about The School
– Some things we have learned from delivering The School
• What next for The School?
– Gaining a certificate as a health and care change agent and claiming continuing professional development (CPD) points
• Questions and call to action
Questions for reflection:
• How can I move in the direction of change in ways that will help me bring about the changes I want to see?
• How will I build on my experiences of the School for Health and Care Radicals?
• How will I build networks and communities in support of the changes I want to see?
Call to action:
• Consider why it would be beneficial for you to be a certified change agent.
• Identify people who might help you with this process.
• Take action and, if your change action is something that could be shared for Change Day, please add it on www.changeday.nhs.uk
• Complete the follow-up work for certification.