Helen Bevan spent 20th May with leaders of the Central Manchester health community, helping them with their ambitious strategies to transform local services.
Her role was to challenge these leaders in their approach to large scale change and to help with “thinking differently for different results”. They are aware of the mantra that “70% of large scale change efforts fail” and want to make sure they are in the other 30%. I talked to them about “the three paradoxes in large scale change” (transactional v relational; transitional v transformational; diagnostic v dialogic approaches to change). They are using these frameworks to assure their emerging implementation approach.