In 1932, Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis memorably remarked that the U.S. federal system allowed any individual state to be a “laboratory” for experiments in policy, without putting the rest of the nation at risk
NASBLA Update - 2018 LJA Annual Conference
The National Association of State
Boating Law Administrators
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
June 26, 2018
• Operation Dry Water
• June 29 – July 1st, 2018
• 3,038 BUI arrests during ODW weekend
• All 56 states and territories
• Over 1.1 million contacts
• 10,000 first responders
• 22 courses + PWC & Drone
• 27 Accredited Partners - 3 in process (Alaska, Guam, Tennessee)
• AMS and LMS transition – Micro Learning
• 2018 begin offering BAI to Non-Law Enforcement
• Strategic Planning – Eastern Kentucky Univ.
• New Leadership within BSX – dynamic change
• NHTSA and IACP – Seated Field Sobriety Testing Standards
• National Water Safety Congress – Cold Water Immersion
Building consensus and collaboration
• Between our Staff, Executive Board, Members and Partners
• Professional development
• Leadership Academy
• Committee Work
• BLA Workshop
• Annual Conference
• Association – building strong partners
• Innovative growth
• Not one size fits all
• State to State Peer support
• Laboratories for democracy.
Why do we like Life Jackets?
• Law enforcement mandatory wear – 100% Member agencies
• Loaner jacket programs
• Increase wear rates within RBS
• Army Corps Projects – WORK!
• They save lives !
• Video produced by NASBLA’s LE Committee: