What’s new in Galera 4 ?
Mydbops Meetup - 4
www.mydbops.com firstname.lastname@example.org 1
Certified MySQL 5.7 DBA, Mydbops
Interested on MySQL Optimization and High Availability systems.
Active MySQL Blogger.
● Founded in 2015, HQ in Bangalore India with 150+ customer base across the globe.
● Mydbops is on Database Consulting with core specialization on MySQL and MongoDB Administration and
● We have expert team with 20+ certified DBA’s providing full time support and currently managing 300+
servers on premises and cloud.
● We help organisations to architect and scale systems in MySQL/MongoDB by implementing the advanced
technologies in industry which are completely open source.
● We are a leading solution provider in the market for all sort of cloud based database deployments and
In Galera 3
● Currently transactions processes in master node only until commit
● For huge transactions, the size of write-set will be large
● Maximum supported size is 2GB
In Galera 4
● Transactions are replicated in small fragments in all the nodes during processing
● This allows nodes to process writesets greater than 2GB
● Replicated fragments hold locks in all nodes