Industrial Automation using unmanned Aerial vehicle
INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION USING
UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE
• The objective of the project is to carry the components from warehouse to the assembly line.
• We are using the concept of beacon’s to implement the task. A beacon is an intentionally conspicuous
device designed to attract attention to a specific location.
• Beacons can also be combined with to provide important information, such as the status of an airport,
by the colour and rotational pattern of its airport beacon, or of pending weather as indicated on
a weather beacon mounted at the top of a tall building or similar site. When used in such fashion,
beacons can be considered a form of optical telegraphy.
• We can place the beacon in several places in the industry for example let us place in each shelf, we
know that the beacon emits a unique signal information thus if a particular object has to be taken we
are programming in such a way that it starts to emit the signal.
• Thus we are creating a predefined mapping process in our application accordingly using algorithms to
move the drone where the beacon emits the signal.
OUR PROJECT IS DIVIDED INTO TWO PHASES:
• PHASE 1:
WE ARE STUDYING HOW TO PROGRAMME THE DRONE AS WE ARE ECE STUDENTS AND NEW
TO THE ZONE.
• STEPS TAKEN :
• REGISTERED IN COURSERA.ORG TO KNOW ABOUT THE UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE IN
• WE HAVE ALSO ASKED THE HELP OF OUR AERONAUTICAL STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY.
• WE HAVE MAINLY DEVELOPED IDEA USING THE CONCEPT OF BEACON.
• SO FIRST TO PROGRAM THE DRONE,AND THEN APPLY THE CONCEPT OF BEACONS.
• DEVELOPING THE MOBILE APPLICATION FOR IT USING EITHER ANDROID STUDIO OR MIT APP
• TESTING IT WITH THE BEACON TECHNOLOGY.
• ADDING FEATURES TO IT FOR FUTURE NEEDS.
• MAKING IT AS A REAL TIME WORKING MATERIAL BY DEVELOPING IT COMPLETELY.
• PROJECT COMPLETION IS ESTIMATED WITHIN OCTOBER.
WHAT IS THE SIMPLE IDEA ABOUT THE BOT(DRONE):
Navigator is a robot or drone which is used for indoor navigation which can be applied in industries or warehouse
which is used to locate the required object in a quick possible manner and place it in the destination without
much use of manpower. Whenever a particular object has to be picked up the resource person can accomplish it
using the mobile application which controls the navigator and locates the navigator that is like applying the
mapping concept in the application and making the drone move in that particular path to reach the place.
So let me say in detail what is a drone and what are the advantages of it.
So why all the excitement and buzz around drones, also known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV’s). The easiest
way to illustrate this is by outlining the advantages of it.
In the past, to achieve aerial footage, helicopters were predominantly used due to their versatility over a fixed
winged plane. However, you still needed a lot of time to prepare onsite and numerous staff to manage the
process and ensure a safe operation. Thus a smaller size and more efficient drone is used to all the operation.
DISADVANTAGES OF ALTERNATES:
• When u go for other technologies like the drone attached with the camera ,we have to fix multiple
camera to visualize the location as it is for industrial purpose.
• If u go for advanced 360 degree cameras it is difficult to train or programme the drone to move along
the path ,and it is costly technique too.
• And A downfall to drone cameras is that there usually mounted on the drone, giving it a limited to fixed
focal lengths. Which means you can’t zoom in and out on a subject.
• The cameras today will soon be a thing of the past. As newer models with better capabilities are created
to match up with the specific needs of the drone platforms they are fitted to.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR PLAN:
• It is cost efficient compared to other technologies.
• Application is developed in easier way to handle things.
• Time is saved.
• The first thing is GPS(GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM) is not suitable to establish indoor locations, since
microwaves will be attenuated and scattered by roofs, walls and other objects, we use beacons for Indoor
Positioning System . Indoor Positioning System(IPS) is a system to locate objects or people inside a building using
radio waves , magnetic fields, acoustic signals, or other sensory information collected by mobile devices .The
location can be determined by using Empirical Method.
• Beacons use Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) to broadcast a signal from an app on one device to a compatible app
on another device. The signal can be used to establish a device’s physical location with a precision of 10cm to
70cm or trigger an action on the device such as a push notification. Different businesses use beacons for a range
of applications, depending on what they want to achieve.
• The drone is programmed in such a way that whenever another beacon signal interrupts or
comes in the path of that drone, the drone follows that signal till it reaches its destination.
This is how the navigator uses the beacons for indoor navigation.
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 DESTINATION