Life-Cycle Based Model• Requirements• Analysis• Design• Implementation• Testing• Maintenance
1. Implementation phase• Implementation is an iterative process of managing changes involving analysis, design, testing and review as part of an evolutionary prototyping process.• Implementation activities• Test the system thoroughly and manage the transition or changeover from the old system to the new system or the launch of the site.
2.Maintenance phase• Maintenance is a continuous process of monitoring, assessing required changes and then implanting them using evolutionary prototyping.• Reference to competitors• Solve problem of transition• Live website- a) Measure (Pre-launch test+ Load+ User activity)• b) Review (Small scale prototype)
4. Website development and testing• Testing has two main objectives:• first, to check for non-conformance with the business and user requirements, and• second, to identify bugs or errors.• There are many specialized techniques to test either part of the system (component testing) or all of the system (system testing).• Testing environment: live and test
5. Changeover• Changeover has to be managed to include elements of piloting, phased implementation, immediate cutover and parallel running.• System ; old to new• Immediate, Parallel, Phased, Pilot, and Perpetual beta(water fall model)• Data migration
6.Content maintenance and management• Content management requires a clearly defined update process and responsibilities according to different types of changes required.• Deciding on the frequency and scope of content updating• Processes for managing maintenance of the site and responsibilities for updating• Selection of content management system
• Testing and communicating changes made• Integration with monitoring and measurement systems• Managing content in the global organization.
7. Measurement• Measurement also requires process and responsibilities and also a measurement framework.• A suggested framework for sell-side e-commerce assesses channel promotion, channel behaviour, channel satisfaction, channel outcomes and channel profitability.• Selection of appropriate web analytics tools is important to assess the effectiveness of e-commerce.