Educational institutions in Pakistan 270825
Private institutes 28%
Total students of different level 40,926,661
Studying in private institutions 34%
Public sector 66%
Total number of teachers 1,507,100
Teaching at private institutions 42.12%
Thus, the 34% of total students in Pakistan have different medium of education and
• Private and Government schools.
(Enrolment Ratio is 30:70)
• Variety of Syllabus,
• Haphazard budgets,
• Improper assessment systems,
• Our education is meeting industrial & social needs only.
• No any controlling &monitoring for whole education
• Our educational policy changes with the political
Shift in Enrollment (from Govt. to Pvt.) RURA
• What will be the curriculum?
• What we want to achieve through education?
• How we’ll build an Ideological Pakistani
• How we can achieve our targets?
• What are the responsibilities of state,
institutions & teachers for development of
We don’t know:
And by the completion of education, the students are unable to play
their role as an educated person while After completing graduation or
Masters they are facing many social, economic , ethical problems and
become more confused and unsecure.
“The aim of education is character building of individual so that it could
differentiate between good and evil and avoids following the evil path”.
(Imam GHAZALI R.A)
“Education is the creation of sound mind in a sound
“Education is the capacity to feel pleasure and pain
at the right moment.”
• Clear & brief objective of education.
• As a Muslim country, we should design our
curriculum on the basis of Quran & Sunnah.
• Government should give preference to education.
• Only one & same educational system apply for all.
• Sat achievable targets.
• Teach revealed and acquired knowledge at same
• The aims of state education must be sat by
educationalist not by the Industrialists.
What we should do?
Due to these educational reforms we will be successful in
achieving an educational system which will produce the
students with FOUR basic qualities:
Parents having at least primary
“The State shall
provide free and
to all children of age
5-16 years in such a
manner as may be
determined by law”
• Make a serious strategy for Education.
• Government should train the teachers.
• Provide proper funding to schools.
• Education system must under supervision of
• Government should develop interest in new
learners by recognizing the existing
What we should do?
3. Effects of English and Urdu
Medium Education System in
Medium of instruction is a matter of great
debate among teachers, educationists
The majority of teachers and parents say
that English should not be the medium of
instruction but should be taught as a
subject right from the very beginning of
Population in Pakistan :
Educated Father 40 :60
Educated Mother 20:80
62% of private school teachers
and 56% of government school
teachers registered scores in the
lowest possible band in the Aptis
test, meaning they lack even basic
knowledge of English, including the
ability to understand and use familiar
everyday expressions and simple
A test conducted by British Council in Panjab:
Even in English medium schools, 44% of
teachers scored in the bottom Aptis band.
In all, 94% of teachers in English medium
schools have only pre-intermediate level
English of lower.
Half of teachers in public schools believe Urdu should
be the main medium of instruction in schools, with
only around one-fifth believing that English should be
the main medium of instruction; less than one-fifth of
teachers in public and private schools even believe that
English medium education should be delivered solely in
• The children will learn English much more effectively if
they continue to develop their first language at the same
• The learners in the rural areas enter school with only their
home language. For these learners, using the mother
tongue in early education leads to a better understanding
of the curriculum content and to a more positive attitude
• The use of learners’ home language in the classroom
promotes a smooth transition between home and
• Teach English as a subject but medium of
instruction should be Urdu.
• We should promote Urdu in our institution.
• Every English teacher should translate at
least 2 books.
• For higher education in English Language
every student must be translate 3 books .
What we should do?