1. The Youth Icon-
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani
• Anil Ambani , born on 4 June 1959 is currently
the chairman of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai
• Earned Bachelor of Science degree from the
University of Bombay and MBA degree from
The Wharton School at the University of
• Joined Reliance Industries in 1983 as Co-CEO.
• His net worth is expected to be 7.8billion$ in
2012 which decreased from 32.4 Billion $ in
• Voted 3rd most powerful person in India in
2009 by India Today
• Awarded Businessman of the Year in 1997 by
• Adjudged as the CEO of the Year at the
prestigious Platts Global Energy Awards for
2. The Revolutionary-
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani
• Born on 19 April 1957 is an Indian business
magnate who is the chairman of Reliance
• Earned his Bachelor’s degree in Chemical
Engineering from the University of
Mumbai, Institute of Chemical Technology
• Joined Reliance in 1981 and revolutionised it
from old textiles into polyester
fibres, petrochemicals etc.
• His net worth is expected to be 22.3 billion$
which was 62.4 billion$ in 2008 before
• He led the creation of the world’s largest
grassroots petroleum refinery at
Jamnagar, India, with a current capacity of
660,000 barrels per day.
• Awarded Entrepreneur of the decade in 2004
by Bombay management Association.
• Awarded telecom man of the Year in 2004 by
Voice and data magazine.
Azim Hashim Premji
• Born on 24 July 1945, is currently the chairman of
Wipro Technologies, the leading software
• He studied Electrical engineering from Stanford
University in 1966 but because of some reason he
dropped out in 1966 but completed in 1999.
• In 1966 he took over Wipro which dealt into
hydrogenated fats then, he brought Wipro into
softwares and created one of the biggest IT
company of India.
• His net worth is expected to be 15.9 billion$.
• Has been recognized as one of the biggest
• Awarded lakshya business visionary by
• Received Padma Bhushan in 2009
• Was honored with Padma Vibhushan in 2011
• In 1984 he founded Wipro Equity Reward trust
as a philanthropist.
4. The Kingfisher-
• Born on 18 December 1955, he is an industrialist
and a MP.
• He went to St. Xavier’s College and later
graduated with a bachelor in Commerce degree
from University of Calcutta.
• Mallya was unanimously elected Chairman of
United Breweries. As part of his modernisation
bid, he consolidated the various companies under
one umbrella group called the “UB Group”.
• His net worth is estimated to be 1 billion$
• In 2003 Kingfisher Airlines was formed.
• He was conferred an honorary degree
of Doctorate of Philosophy by the Southern
• nominated as a "Global Leader for Tomorrow"
by the World Economic Forum
• Mallya was elected to the Rajya Sabha –
Council of States – of India's parliament in
both 2002 and 2010 as an independent
candidate from his home state of Karnataka.
5. The Strategist-
• Born 23 October 1957, is an Indian telecom
mogul who is founder, chairman and Group CEO
of Bharti Telecommunications.
• he graduated in 1976 from Punjab
University, Chandigarh, with a Bachelor of Arts
and Science for which he studied in Arya College
for Boys, a local college in Ludhiana.
• He started his first business in April 1976 at the
age of 18, with a capital investment of Rs. 20,000.
• Currently his net worth is estimated to be 8.3
• He launched services in Delhi in 1995, when
Bharti Cellular Limited (BCL) was formed to
offer cellular services under the brand name
• He was honored with Padma Bhushan in 2007.
• Awarded INSEAD Business Leader Award
• Recognized as Business Leader Of The
Year, Economic Times, 2005.
6. Head of Sahara Pariwar-
Subrata Roy Sahara
• Born on 10 June 1948, is the founder of India
• Has 42.5% stake in Force India.
• His journey for Sahara started in 1978.
• Sahara is diversified to Films, Real
estate, Media, tourism, Hospitality and health
• His net worth is currently estimated to be over
5 billion $.
7. The Infosys Man-
K V Kamath
• Born on 2 December 1947, he is the chairman
of Infosys, the second largest IT company of
• He was formerly the Executive Chairman of
• He graduated from IIM-Ahmedabad in 1978.
• Received Padma Bhushan award in 2008.
• Honored as Businessman of the year by
8.The Wind Visionary-
• Born on 2nd February 1958,is the chairman
and MD of Suzlon energy, a wind power based
• He has a net worth of 400 million $ which
reduced from 3.3 billion $ due to recession in
• He is a commerce graduate and diploma
holder in mechanical engineering.
• The company is expanding to China, Australia
and United States.
9.Businessman of the Decade-
Ratan Naval Tata
• Born on 28 December 1937, he is an Indian
businessman who became Chairman of Tata
Group in 1991.
• He completed his B.S. from Cornell University
in 1962 and Advanced Management from
Harvard University in 1975.
• His net worth is estimated to be 970 million $.
• He has been honored with Padma Bhushan
and Padma Vibhushan.
10. The Strongest Leader-
Kumar Mangalam Birla
• Born on 14 June 1967, is an industrialist and
Chairman of Aditya Birla Group.
• He earned commerce degree from HR College
of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai and
also has an MBA from the London Business
• His net worth is estimated to be 9.3 billion $.
• Under KM Birla's strong leadership the
group's turnover has spiralled to $33 billion $
and business has expanded to 40 countries.