● a medium
● a few noises of chorus / disturbers
● a message receivers / customers
● phone calling
● a keyword without speaking
● call a ghost / virtual person
broadcaster, medium, receiver
● sender / broadcaster use medium to communicate
● can't separate content from medium
types of content
● visual (graphic, images, icons, sign language)
media, new media
● what we call a media?
● what media do U use?
● which from these do U like to use?
● which are interactive?
● link each other with characteristic type of content
yes, we (consumers) like interactivity
and audio-visuals content
● imagine a museum with new technology and museum that
we know from the past – see, but don't touch anything!
● competencies that enable people to analyze, evaluate, and
● we „read“ a „text“ of culture
● a text of culture can be everything!
(art painting, theatre play,
clothes, games, webpages,
literature, film, music, etc.)
● conclusions can show us the truth of our time, culture & who
we really are
the medium is the message
● „Understanding media: the extensions of man“ 1964,
● M. McLuhan name world community as global village before
● what is internet?
● what is the characteristic / structure of internet?