In this presentation, Lavanya introduces IoT and presents an idea that uses sensors and GPS systems to fine people who go beyond speed limits. She wants to use this system to reduce road accidents that happen in bypass roads.
Internet Of Things
NAME : M.LAVANYA
TWITTER ID : @lavanya4795
UNIVERSITY : PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY
YEAR/SEMESTER : III/ VI
BRANCH : INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
• The Internet of Things (IoT) is a scenario in which
objects, animals or people are provided with unique
identification and the ability to transfer data over a
network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-
• IoT has evolved from the convergence
of wireless technologies, micro-electromechanical
system(MEMS) and the Internet.
• Now a days we would find more accident on the ECR or bypass
road because of a over speed of a vehicles that too in the two
• The vehicles that come faster than the speed limits ,gets accident
more frequently to avoid this a sensor that detect the speed of a
vehicles and to control it automatically by using a gps /gpsm.
• If not it give a sound to person who is drives.
• Even he does not caries about it ,then the further steps is to indicate
to the nearer police station he cross or to indicate to the tollgate to
• Aim is to avoid the accident.
• GPS is group of satellites which receives signals from
the GPS transmitter and sends data to the receiver you
to know the exact location, speed.
• GPS illustrates your location in longitude, latitude,
altitude. The indicated co-ordinates to a map to pinpoint
your location. more accurately you are identified .
• GPS may Include a clock that uses the satellite signals
to specify time in your location .
• GPS devices can display current speed based on how
much distance you are covering in a given time period.
• Using GPS a device is able the information about the
vehicle speed is given to the application. The user gets
the geo co-ordinates of the vehicle
• If I would get internship in this area I would
try my level best to complete this idea.
• And make you feel proud to select me.