2 0 1 5 S T A F F I N G S T R A T E G I E S G O A L S A N D
O B J E C T I V E S
STRATEGIES FOR TALENT ACQUISITION
• Align Talent Acquisition strategy and efforts across the
business units- creating Regional Recruiters
• Manage system requisitions and rollout- by creating
procedures, reporting, training
• Time to fill- Average is 55 days in 2015 for 2016 we will
reduce this number to under 30 days campus wide.
Which in turn will reduce cost to overtime for the sites.
Our goal is to average 14 days time to fill hourly roles
• Leveraging our social media sites, Linked in…
• (CRM)- Candidate relationship management- building
upon the candidate experience- they will then recruit for
us to work at Westgate
STRATEGIES FOR TALENT ACQUISITION
• Hiring Top talent- For Sales Executives wooing them to work for
Westgate, selling culture, potential and work life balance
• Hiring Managers buy into Talent Acquisition which should
include collaboration in hiring decision.
• Consensus with HM , Recruiter and assessments.
• Training to ensure we hire the right fit for the role. Creating
processes that allow us to determine hiring decisions- I will
create process by intake sessions with HM, interviewing notes,
• Manage expectations to new hire to decrease turnover.
• Unified recruiting- which brings together people, processes
and technology. Training on VE to ensure all HM’s are
understanding of ATS system. Take out the work for HM’s
replace with Recruiters to do full life cycle recruiting
• Increase recruiter and candidate satisfaction. This will
allow recruiters to spend more time focusing on the best
• Enhance the Employer Brand- to ensure job seekers
understand, culture and differentiators before the apply.
• Metrics to include the following:
• Time to fill- 30 days
• Candidates per requisition-3- 5 per req.
• Time to interview, offer and board- 7-10 days
• Weekly Scorecard Reports to include all sites open
positions and where they are in process- followed up
with a call to GM’s, HR, Sales for collaboration and status
of when roles are at and potential fill date, this will build
and foster relationships and overall communication.
TALENT ACQUISITION STRUCTURE
• Best in class talent acquisition separates the well
performing from the best performing companies. Talent
Acquisition functions- especially recruiting- Drive
Revenue growth and contribute more to ROI
• HR at each site will collaborate with the recruitment
team to ensure hiring process is executed in a timely
• Creating a TA structure, implementing processes to keep
us legally compliant, efficient and will increase Hiring,
• 90 focus group meetings with Sales, Resort Operations
with new hires to do a pulse check on new hires.
• Take the time Hiring Managers spend recruiting and
managing system, uploading notes, setting up interviews and
sourcing for candidates, Recruiters will take over that.
• Make hiring decisions based on relevant job criteria, not
• Structure interviews for competency based data collection-
behavioral based interviewing, i.e. Rooms, Sales and F&B
• VJT- virtual job tryout for Sales Executives
• Patrol websites such as Glassdoor to learn what candidates
and employees are saying about our interview process.
• Ensure all procedures are in place when we do have a
transfer, termination occur so we are capturing accurate
REORGANIZE TALENT ACQUISITION
2015- An average19,722 jobseekers created a profile
in VE. Recruiters will reach out to candidates and fit
them in roles within 20 days, targeted hard to fill roles
Building our pipeline to include:
Sourcing- Recruiters can and will source, brand and
hire top talent.
College Recruiting- Target 15-20 schools globally build
the intern program.
Reorganize to include recruiters for Resort Operations
i.e., East, West, FL F&B Recruiter, Rooms Recruiter.
Having Recruiters to target and fill roles will speed to
market the hiring while also hiring top talent.
• Reporting, Planning, and Preparation
-Complete fall interview cycle- Rosen, Cornell, Johnson and Whales,
UNLV, Penn State…attending career fairs with Recruiter and HM to hire
globally for Westgate.
-Make offers to “hot” students from fall career fairs (graduating in the
-Sign up for spring career fairs
-Get headcounts for next year’s summer interns and fall graduates
from hiring managers- Send out a needs assessment for interns, check
T/O to ensure approximate count is accurate.
• “Seal the Deal”
-Make internship offers to summer intern candidates
-Participate in campus networking events
-Finalize plans for summer internship program
-Internship orientation for managers and mentors
T A L E N T A C Q UI S I T I O N T E A M
LIKELY TO RECOMMEND
WESTGATE AS TOP
• Building Employer Branding- Building and selling Westgate as
top employer to work out, selling culture.
• Sourcing where candidates come from by reports and
analytics then targeting them, Linked in Facebook,
Indeed….mining for top talent. Recruiters will be able to reach
out to potential candidates and sell Westgate.
• Community Relationships- knowing one size does not fit all.
• College networking- create intern program
• Reorganize HR to have Regional Recruiters for Resort
• Create quantifiable metrics for Recruiters, i.e. days to fill,
Customer Satisfaction Survey after hire sent to Hiring Managers
and Candidate about hiring experience, diversity and
inclusion, candidates per requisition. Audit and incentivize
ESTABLISH YOUR FOOTPRINT ON THE
Building Employer Branding Enhancing Westgate name
CRM- Candidate Relationship Management
Community Relations- Foster and develop community relationships
Hard to fill roles within our campus- Partner within the community,
Veterans, Colleges, Workforce and Goodwill agencies
Building our Bench- Succession Planning
Training and Development
Adding Recruiters- Resort Operations for F&B, Rooms
Creating TA policies and procedures- Intake, Interview forms, metrics,