Human Cloning <br />By Elizabeth Dominguez<br />Period 8<br />
Basic Principles of Genetics<br /> ~Traits are controlled by dominant and recessive alleles. It is the relationship betwee...
Human genome project<br />                   Ethical Legal and Social <br />                   When it started and why<br ...
Argument 1 – Issues<br />The dangers for early prospective clones are controversial and difficult to manage because<br />~...
Argument  2- issues<br />Cloning arise in the context and process that may lead to the birth of a first human clone. This ...
Argument 3- issues<br />How a clone is to be defined, or rather how difficult is the task of finding a way of understandin...
Argument 4-issues<br />Reproductive cloning is expensive and highly inefficient. More than 90% of cloning attempts fail to...
Concussion~<br />Cloning offers remarkable insight into the power of creation that humanity has taken into its fold. Human...
Pictures~<br />
Work sited <br />Work sited<br />Work sited<br />~http://www.scienceclarified.com/scitech/Genetics/Inheritance.html<br />~...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Human cloning

698 views

Published on

elizabeth D.
period 8

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
698
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
5
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
14
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Human cloning

  1. 1. Human Cloning <br />By Elizabeth Dominguez<br />Period 8<br />
  2. 2. Basic Principles of Genetics<br /> ~Traits are controlled by dominant and recessive alleles. It is the relationship between two homozygous domination parents.<br /> ~Yes, if two Yy parents have kids, there is a 50% chance there will be Yy 25% YY and 25% yy <br />~inheritancedescribes the wealth that parents leave, or pass on, to their children<br />
  3. 3. Human genome project<br /> Ethical Legal and Social <br /> When it started and why<br />Cloning has been around for as long as humans have been alive. When fertilized egg split to create two or more of the identical embryos and then a clone is created. Humans first cloned a sheep in 1996 it lived from 11 to 12 of age. The technology that exists today make it a possible, so it is likely that some laboratories have made serious attempts or will at some time soon. Perhaps the most urgent ethical, legal and social issues about cloning arise in the context and process that may lead to the birth of a first human clone. This is so because, as has been pointed out by scholars and politicians, early human experiments are likely to result in a number of clinical failures and lead to miscarriage, the necessity of dozens or even hundreds of abortions, or births of massively deformed offspring. <br />
  4. 4. Argument 1 – Issues<br />The dangers for early prospective clones are controversial and difficult to manage because<br />~in part, one is attempting to protect a future potential person against harms that might be inflicted by their very existence, and in part because societies around the world have indicated that they believe that the early cloning experiments will breach a natural barrier that is moral in character, taking humans into a realm of self-engineering that vastly exceeds any prior experiments with new reproductive technology.<br />American Institute of Biological Sciences <br />
  5. 5. Argument 2- issues<br />Cloning arise in the context and process that may lead to the birth of a first human clone. This is so because, as has been pointed to lead clinical failures and miscarriage, the necessity of dozens or even hundreds of abortions, or births of massively deformed offspring.<br />American Institute of Biological Sciences <br />
  6. 6. Argument 3- issues<br />How a clone is to be defined, or rather how difficult is the task of finding a way of understanding human cloning in terms from traditional language and contemporary institutions of science and parenting, has proven to be a most formidable challenge.<br />American Institute of Biological Sciences. <br />
  7. 7. Argument 4-issues<br />Reproductive cloning is expensive and highly inefficient. More than 90% of cloning attempts fail to produce viable offspring. More than 100 nuclear transfer procedures could be required to produce one viable clone. In addition to low success rates. Japanese studies have shown that cloned mice live in poor health and die early. About a third of the cloned calves born alive have died young, and many of them were abnormally large. Many cloned animals have not lived long enough to generate good data about how clones age. In 2002, researchers at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts, reported that the genomes of cloned mice are compromised.<br />
  8. 8. Concussion~<br />Cloning offers remarkable insight into the power of creation that humanity has taken into its fold. Humans are moving ever closer to a posture of making babies, rather than having babies. I don’t think that cloning in a good thing because the child might have a bad disorders and then it will be harder to take care or the child. So their for I think the government should not function or give money to this project. <br />
  9. 9. Pictures~<br />
  10. 10. Work sited <br />Work sited<br />Work sited<br />~http://www.scienceclarified.com/scitech/Genetics/Inheritance.html<br />~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_cloning<br />~http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_did_human_cloning_begin<br />~http://www.actionbioscience.org/biotech/mcgee.html<br />

×