• Empire is a British film magazine which is published by
Bauer Consumer Media every month.
• Their circulation in 2009 was 194,016.
• The first issue was July 1989. It is specific to film.
• The editor is Mark Dinning.
• Their readership profile – “76% Male, Affluent ABC1
movie fans. Smart, sophisticated, opinion
leading consumers who are totally tech savvy
and always ahead of the curve.”
Sight and Sound
• Sight and Sound is a British film magazine that is
published monthly by the British Film Institute.
• The first publication was in 1932.
• It was handed to the BFI in 1934.
• The current editor is Nick James. It writes reviews the film
releases each month, including art house films and
• They also include a full cast and crew list with the
• Total Film is a UK-based film magazine published 13
times a year (every four weeks) by Future Publishing.
• The magazine was launched in 1997 and offers cinema,
DVD and Blu-ray news, reviews and features.
• Total Film is available both in print and interactive iPad
• Total circulation (June 2013) - 60,912
• Editor is Jane Crowther
Little White Lies
• Little White Lies is a British bi-monthly independent movie
• They feature writing, illustration and photography which
relates to cinema.
• Each issue is themed around the front cover film. Each
cover is different. The template still stays the same.
• It is distributed to over 500 outlets in the UK.