A wireless infrastructure for emergency medical care
EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
• In a hospital, Health Care Monitoring System it is necessary to
constantly monitor the patient’s physiological parameters.
• Health care sensors are playing a vital role in hospitality.
• Patient monitoring system, a major improvement in hospitality
because of its advanced technology.
• A wireless system to measure heartbeat and body temperature.
• The main aim of this project is to deliver the status of patient
and location of patient within hospitals and globally.
• Temperature sensor and heart beat sensor is connected to
monitor the patient’s condition.
• Body sensor network systems can help people by providing
healthcare services such as medical monitoring, memory
enhancement, medical data access, and communication with
the healthcare provider in emergency situations through the
GSM or IoT.
• Remote communication using GSM Modem from anywhere in
• GPS based location identification.
• Sends location in the form of latitude and longitude.
• Accident location alerts to police/ambulance.
• Emergency control in hospital through GSM short message
• A Mobile application for patient status
• A wireless communication system is designed and developed for
remote patient monitoring.
• Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is a technology to enable
monitoring of patients outside of conventional clinical settings (e.g.
in the home), which may increase access to care and decrease
healthcare delivery costs.
• Incorporating RPM in chronic disease management can significantly
improve an individual’s quality of life.
• The primary function of this system is to monitor the temperature of
a patient’s body, and display the same to the doctor through RF
• A GSM-GPS based “WIRELESS HUMAN HEALTH MONITOR”
system is used.
• Mainly three parts of the system, Heart beat and temperature
sensor, transmitter and receiver.
• ECG sensor is used to measure heart beat rate.
• Temperature sensor is used to measure body temperature.
• EMG sensor is used for neuromuscular monitoring
INTERNET OF THINGS
• The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects—
devices, vehicles, buildings and other items embedded with
electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity—that
enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS SYSTEM
• This system uses biosensors which detects the blood flow, muscle
contraction and heart-rate.
• The microcontroller monitors the all the system if any abnormality
in the patient condition then it sends the signal to the doctor
using GSM modem and Internet protocols.
• This detection and messaging system is consists of Bluetooth,
IoT platform, GPS receiver, Microcontroller and a GSM modem.
• To observe the patient continuous status, here we are use IoT
• This will show the recorded data of patient heart-rate. Then the
doctor observes the patient data and the prescription was sent
to the nurse through SMS. Finally nurse will take care of the
patient until the doctor comes.
• Bridging the gap between the doctor and the patients.
• Best to be used on rural areas.
• It is a multipurpose so that overall conditions are easily
• Easy to operate.
• This monitoring system can be activated when threshold level
exceeds, the alarm system is going to on such that the doctor
will receive a message regarding the critical situation of the
patient and can take immediate measures without any delay
with location of patient
• A voice based alert system so that the doctor can be alerted
with a voice message if he is out of data connection.