Transportation problem in Dhaka
• Prepared by
Mohammad Jasim Uddin
Roll no: BCE1503006210
Subject: Architectural ,Engineering and Planing, Appreciation
Course code: CE 204
• Prepared for
Lecturer & Coordinator,
Department of Civil Engineering,
Capital City Dhaka
• Dhaka is mega city and Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh.
More than twelve million people live in Dhaka and the
population of Dhaka is increasing rapidly. So, many
problems created by its huge population. The minimum
road requirement is 25% for a standard city, whereas
Dhaka has only 7.5% road of its total area which is
creating huge traffic.
Traffic Jam in Dhaka city
• Illegal parking.
• narrow road spaces .
• overtaking tendency of drivers .
• lack of knowledge (traffic rules and signals).
• Tendency to break the traffic law
• Increase in the number of vehicles
• Poor traffic management system
Current % of traffic in Dhaka city
• Include bus bay at the road side
• Ban rickshaw from the main roads of Dhaka
• Removing unfit vehicles
• Ban rickshaw from the main roads
• Deploying more double-deck bus
• create awareness of using Foot over bridge