6. THIS IS A
◦ Here you have a list of items
◦ And some text
◦ But remember not to overload
your slides with content
Your audience will listen to you or
read the content, but won’t do
Use common language &
clearly defined terms
Use mostly closed questions
questions to help identify the
Use precise, unambiguous
Make sure questions are valid
10. What to Avoid!
◦ Avoid double-barreled
◦ Avoid leading, biased
◦ Avoid loaded questions
◦ Avoid repetitive
◦ Avoid personal
11. Gathering Demographic Information
Do you expect age or gender to play a role in
Do you expect education level or income level to
play a role?
Do you expect size of household or length of
employment to play a role?
Do you want to compare responses from different
20. 1. Limit types of questions and response
sets to no more than three
2. Give clear-cut answer choices
3. Make response sets easy to navigate
4. Make sure response categories don’t
5. Make sure responses cover all
Once questionnaires with a
mistake go out, it’s too late to
correct them! This has a
negative effect on your
credibility as a researcher.
27. ◦ Critiquing and Revision of Survey Questionnaire
◦ Each group will present the survey questionnaire that
was crafted in PR 2.
◦ Each group will give comments about it for the
improvement of the questionnaire.
◦ The teacher will process and give necessary revisions if
◦ Shared responsibility should be observed.
28. Survey questions must be crafted
based from the objectives of the
research. It should present instructions
in an accessible manner. Likewise, it
should be answerable in less than