• What is meant by ‘postmodern media’?
• Explain why the idea of ‘postmodern media’
might be considered controversial.
• Why are some media products described as
• “Postmodern media blur the boundary
between reality and representation”. Discuss
this idea with reference to media texts you
• Explain why certain kinds of media can be
defined as postmodern.
• Discuss why some people are not convinced
by the idea of postmodern media.
• How do postmodern media differ from other
• How far do you accept the idea of
• “Postmodern media manipulate time and
space.” To what extend does this definition
apply to texts you have studied?
• Define postmodern media with examples.
• Assess the arguments for and against
postmodernism, in relation to media
• “Postmodern media break the rules of
• “All contemporary media is postmodern.”
Discuss this statement in relation to examples
you have studied.
• Evaluate theories of postmodernism in
relation to media.
• Provide your definition of postmodern media
and support it with examples.
• To what extent do postmodern media
challenge the relationship between text and