Video Embedding and Microsoft Document Integration in ColdFusion
Video embedding and
Integration in CF
Presenter: Biswajit Patra
Topics to be covered:
• Video embedding in CF
– Video functionality in HTML
– Video functionality in CF
• CF Integration with Microsoft Documentation
– Spreadsheet read process
– Spreadsheet Update process
– Spreadsheet write process
• Statistical report Analysis in CF
– Graphical representation in CF
Video Embedding In CF
• Introduced in CF 9
– Only supported Adobe Flash Video
• CF 10 enhances video support with several new
– Added New Attribute "TYPE" and "SKIN"
– Support for HTML5.
– Seamless fallback option.
– Better viewing support in multiple screen and mobile
– Added 2 new callback functions, OnPause and OnError
HTML Video Functionality
• it standardize the way to show video in web by
introducing Video attribute.
• Currently the following video format are supported
– MP4 : Uses the H264 video codec and AAC audio codec
– Ogg : Uses the Theora video codec and Vorbis audio
– WebM : Uses the VP8 video codec and vorbis audio
Video functionality in CF
• Video support in CF is provided by cfmediaplayer tag.
source of the media player.
• FallBack Plan in CF
– For HTML5 video set type="HTML"
– For Adobe flsh video set type = "flash"
• Skinning Player Control
– Style attribute in cfmediaplayer
– Skin : accept the XMl file to change the adobe flash
Other feature in CF 10
• Call back event
• Loop playback Support
• Poster Image Support
• Video title support
• Playlist Support
• Strobe media playback (open source media
– Progressive Downloading
– Real time Messaging protocol(RTMP) streaming
– live streaming
– HTTP dynamic streaming
Spreadsheet Functionality in CF 10
• cfspreadsheet tag introduced in CF 9.
– ColdFusion 9.0.1: Added the attribute excludeHeaderRow
– ColdFusion 9: Added this tag.
• In CF 8 and Above..
– Put all data in a table format
• lets say all data has been arranged in a table format(namely
– Create one XLS file.
• <cfset variables.tempXLS = #path# & "Data" & ".xls">
– Write data by cffile tag
• <cffile action="write" file="#variables.tempXLS#"
Functions in Spreadsheet
• Read a spreadsheet file (XLS file) and store it in a ColdFusion
spreadsheet object, query, CSV string, or HTML string.
• Write a single sheet to a new XLS from a query, ColdFusion
spreadsheet object, or CSV string variable.
• Add a sheet to an existing XLS file.
Supports In Spreadsheet
• Microsoft Office Excel 2007 is supported by
cfspreadsheet and all the spreadsheet functions except
• All total there are 36 different functions present for
Statistical Data analysis in CF
• Multiple options available to show statistical analised
Chart in CF
• Introduced in CF MX
• Enhancement done in CF 6,7,8.
• We can specify whether charts are cached in memory,
the number of charts to cache, and the number of chart
requests that ColdFusion can process concurrently. To
set these options in the ColdFusion Administrator,
select Server Settings > Charting.
• Tags are