Agenda1. Overview of Indonesia1.1 Country1.2 Internet User2. Online Game Market2.1 Users2.2 Market Size3. Marketing Method3.1 Warnet3.2 FaceBook4. Payment5. Publisher6. Online Games7. Potential of Indonesia Market
1.1 Overview - Country Indonesia’s Population : 245M People. World No. 4th Indonesia’s Land Size : 1,9M sq km. has got 17,000 Islands 60% of Population lives in Java island Online game users mainly lives in Java island around 70% Over 26,000 PC Café and 30% is in Jakarta 87% of Muslim, the biggest Islam country in the world
1.2 Overview – Internet User Year Users 2000 2,000,000 2007 20,000,000 2008 25,000,000 2009 30,000,000 2010 33,000,000 2011 39,600,000 Internet World Stats (2011,1) Annual Increasing Rate is over 20% No.1 ISP is Telkom and over 2 M Subscribers ISP is more than 100 Home Users are using 512Kbps ~ 1Mbps PC Café are using 1Mbps ~ 4Mbps 512 Kbps : U$ 25 , 1Mbps : U$ 40 Monthly. Still Expensive
2.1 Online Game Market - Users Over 7M Online Game Users now, but rapidly increasing. CAGR 20% Most of users are playing FPS(Point Blank) and Casual Games Kids start to play Point Blank as a firs online game Chinese Indonesian has got purchasing power Ex.) Yulgang Online : CCU 800 but Revenues U$ 100,000. Home Users rate is increasing coz low internet price and PCs. 2008 - Home users/ PC Café users : 3:7 , 2010 – 5 : 5 [Online Game User Distribution]
2.2 Online Game Market – Market Size Internet Users : 39.600.000 Users. Online Game User : 7.000.000 Users Internet Café : 26.000 Café Favorite Game Type : FPS & Casual Games Huge Potential : only 18% Online Game Users from Internet Users 35,000,000 Facebook Users are ready to play the Online Games
2.2 Online Game Market – Market Size U$:1,000 Indonesia Online Game Market Share 190,000 150,000 110,000 55,000 2009 2010 2011 2012Rapidly increased MS in 2010 because of Point Blank, CCU was peak 200,0002011 increasing rate is 35%, Point Blank (CCU 150,000), many success casual and MMO gamesAssume 2012 also at least 30% of increasing rate, coz infra(low internet/PC cost, higher game users)
3.1 Marketing – Warnet (PC-Café) There are so many kind of marketing can be done in this industry, it is through Warnet(PC-Café). One of the effective marketing strategy is by doing Road-Show to some Warnet in all big cities in Indonesia (Jakarta, Medan, Surabaya, etc). By doing this roadshows, users who play in those Warnet, can try the game and get moreInformation about the game itself from the marketing staffs and by then the game will be known by other users in those areas when it spread out from mouth to mouth. Industry saying, we install our client 1,000 in Warnet, the game has got CCU 1,000 NOT easy to install game Client in Warnet because of many reasons Such as lack of HDD size, owners do not want, not easy to contact Warnet etc
3.2 Marketing – FacebookTypes of marketing through Facebook1. Advertisement on Facebook2. Making Fanpage3.Promotion & Event on Fanpage4. Customer Service on FangapeWHY using Facebook-> NO MASS Media-> Users are familiar with FB-> Over 35M FB uses
4. PaymentPayment MethodsA. Vouchers (known as PP-Card)- It’s the most popular payment method in Indonesia. Over 90% still using itDistribution Margin on VoucherStill very high from 10% till 25%Voucher Distribution Channel1. AgentPut or look for agent in every major cities, they will be the one who help ussell the vouchers to everyone in their own territory.2. Warnet / Internet CaféSell vouchers to every warnet in Indonesia and they will sell it to their usersin their business area.3. Sales StaffManage the local area, go around the town and look for users to buyin warnet, home users, etc.
4. PaymentB. Payment Gateway - 2nd most favourite payment method in Indonesia.How it work:Payment Gateway IndonesiaCurrently there are 3 successful payment gateway in Indonesia:- Gudang Voucher www.gudangvoucher.com- Indomog www.indomog.com- Unipin www.unipin.com
5. PublisherOnline Game Company’s StatusCurrently there are over 25 Online Game companies in Indonesia.3 of them are very successful and the rest are growing fast.Top 3 Online Game Publisher in IndonesiaPT. Lyto Datarindo Fortuna (LYTO)PT. KreonPT. Megaxus Infotech
5. PublisherKreonCompany Name : PT Kreon.CEO : Jacy Kim.Year of Establish : 2007.Games MMORPG : Yulgang Online, Atlantica Online.Games Casual : OnAir Online, Point Blank, FreeStyle, Mako Online, Lost Saga.Games Webbased : Apocalyps.Revenues in 2011 : U$ 65,000,000
5. PublisherMegaxusCompany Name : PT Megaxus Infotech.CEO : Eva Muliawati.Year of Establish : 2006.Games MMORPG : Lineage 2.Games Casual : Audition, War Rock, Grand Chase, Counter Strike Online, SD Gundam Online.Revenues in 2011 : U$ 8,000,000
6. Online Games [FPS] [MMORPG] [Casual]Over 60 Online Game in Indonesia Except Facebook and Webgames
7. Potential of Indonesia MarketIndonesias online game industry have a very good potential to grow,its predicted to grow 33% per year for the next five yearsafter the business value this year will reach around U$D 150M and grab total 7M Users.Internet Infra structure are getting better and cheaper than last year, lower over 50% than last year.Also internet user increasing rate also over 30% every year and we forecast 40,000,000 internet usersnext year and more than 25% will be a online game users.With a population of 245 million, Indonesia is the fourth most populous nation in the worldand has a increasingly online youth market that are avid gamers. This is why theonline game business in Indonesia have a good potential and keep on growing.