Industrial, manufacturing and construction work sites have plenty of machines. Machines are used for everything from power generation to the sorting of recyclables, and they’re an integral part of assembly lines all over the world.
A number of safety hazards come with working around machinery that employers, safety managers and workers all need to be aware of. By preparing for these dangers, accidents and injuries can be prevented.
In this slideshare we present 10 easy to follow steps that will help ensure your workers a daily safe passage in and around the machines they use.
The 10 steps we discuss are;
1) Don't reach into the machine
2) Use Proper Lockout/Tagout Procedures
3) Stay Clear of Sharp or Moving Parts
4) Watch Out for Cords and Wires
5) Don’t Wear Loose Clothing
6) Wear Proper PPE
7) Use Caution Around Heat Sources
8) Be Careful When Cleaning
9) Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
10) Follow Visual and Written Instructions
If you follow these 10 suggestions, you will find yourself with a whole lot less grief at the end of the work year. To learn more about machine guarding, chick out this article: https://www.babelplex.com/methods-for-machine-guarding-babelplex-industrial-section/ .