MICHAEL J. VAN STONE
Columbia, MO 65203
IT DELIVERY PROJECT EXECUTIVE
Manage complex infrastructure programs and projects to achieve business objectives successfully. Lead large, high
performing teams capable of delivering extended duration, multi-million dollar projects on-time and within budget
with Fortune 500 companies. Recognized leader for conducting program office assessments, defining governance
frameworks, and implementing best demonstrated PMO practices.
Specialize in infrastructure, data center transformations / migrations, high availability and disaster recovery. Adapt
easily to priorities with multi-tasking expertise and provide strong written / verbal communication and leadership
Areas of Expertise:
Program Management | Audit Readiness | Security Compliance
Vender / SLA / Cost Management | Change and Issue Management
Team Building | Technology Strategy | High Availability Management
MANAGED TECHNICAL SKILLS
Platforms: zOS, Windows, Linux, UNIX, AIX, VMWare, iOS, SAN, NAS, HPUX, MAC OS,
Applications: SharePoint, Exchange, BES, GOOD, SAP, ServiceNow, Maximo, ISM, Remedy
Databases: MS SQL, MySql, Oracle, Oracle RAC, DB2, Sybase, Informix
Tools / Middleware: Tivoli, Active Directory, LDAP, WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, MQ
Series, PHP, Nagios, Cacti, Snort, Subversion
Other: Disaster Recovery, Service Desk, Deskside Support, Datacenter Management, PCI,
IBM, Endicott, NY 1999 — 2016
Delivery Project Executive 2005 — 2016
Managed IT infrastructure and mid-tier distributed computing services, including Operating System Server
Management, Mainframe, Backup and Recovery, Helpdesk, Network, e-Mail / Groupware, Mobile Computing,
Application Management Services, Operations, and IT Compliance. Supervised team of over 300 as well as multiple
subcontractor vendors. Ensured service level agreements were met while managing costs. Managed up to $10M
• Migrated 600 servers to IBM SoftLayer cloud technology for large travel company, reducing infrastructure
expenses by 30%.
• Consolidated 2K servers from 4 datacenters to 2 datacenters, saving customer $1M per year for large hotel
• Led complex technology upgrades and operations improvements, strengthening client retention and ensuring
• Maintained metrics-intensive, results-oriented approach to establishing and running outsourcing projects in
globally collaborative environments.
MICHAEL J. VAN STONE firstname.lastname@example.org PAGE TWO
• Ran disaster recovery tests for 4 Fortune 500 companies, ensuring SOX compliance and minimizing potential
impacts to business.
• Implemented IPSoft monitoring and automation, cutting reoccurring major incidents by 40% while saving 20% in
• Increased revenue over $100M by architecting multiple full scope outsourcing contracts from RFP to signature
and ensuring strategic direction and feasibility.
• Oversaw stand-up of an ITIL compliant Service Desk, increasing customer satisfaction and rates of Close on
• Maintained 99.999% availability for Transportation Support System of large cargo train company, ensuring
minimum of technology related train delays.
• Managed technology refresh of infrastructure of a top 300 visited daily website, allowing PCI and SOX
compliance while minimizing downtime.
• Set up infrastructure for EMEA website of a large rental car company with IBM Cloud technology, achieving
increased revenue for IBM with decreased costs for customer.
• Oversaw stand-up of Amazon AWS environment, allowing more agile computing while providing cost savings to
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
IBM, Endicott, NY
New Account Architect
Architected all technical solutions for new outsourcing contracts. Decided between different VPN options, provided
IBM tool deployment to new employee workstations, and documented and conducted new employee training on IBM
tool set and IBM processes / procedures.
Responded to all service requests and incidents in End User space. Created images for ease of new deployments.
Worked with all layers of management to ensure highest level of technology driven productivity.
UNIX System Administrator
Managed 1.5K HPUX workstations for engineering department of large military aircraft manufacturer.
Computer Science, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO
5 BRAVO Awards for Service Delivery Excellence
Intellectual Capital Reuse Award for reusing IBM IC, resulting in $100K reduction in expenses
IBM Stock Options for Customer Service Distinction
Board of Directors for Rainbow Café in Carbondale, IL
Volunteered for St. Francis Care in Murphysboro, IL