Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Kevin Sait

‘Flipped Learning: How Wymondham High Academy Trust is
using Office 365 Education, Yammer and Surface to trans...
What is Flipped Learning?
Traditional teaching in our school dictates the teacher spending over 80% of the lesson on instr...
Making the Technology Seamless
‘make it as easy for colleagues to share information
with students as it is to save a docum...
WHAT

things do you

like about Office 365

?
Surface RT
120 Surface RT’s in school
Part of the Microsoft Education deal
Great compliment to Office

Project Siena

365
...
‘understand a range of ways to use

respectfully,
responsibly and securely,
technology safely,

including protecting their...
9
BETT 2014: Flipped Learning: How Wymondham High Academy Trust is using Office 365 Education, Yammer and Surface to transfo...
BETT 2014: Flipped Learning: How Wymondham High Academy Trust is using Office 365 Education, Yammer and Surface to transfo...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

BETT 2014: Flipped Learning: How Wymondham High Academy Trust is using Office 365 Education, Yammer and Surface to transform teaching and learning (Kevin Sait)

3,386 views

Published on

Published in: Education, Technology

BETT 2014: Flipped Learning: How Wymondham High Academy Trust is using Office 365 Education, Yammer and Surface to transform teaching and learning (Kevin Sait)

  1. 1. Kevin Sait ‘Flipped Learning: How Wymondham High Academy Trust is using Office 365 Education, Yammer and Surface to transform teaching and learning’
  2. 2. What is Flipped Learning? Traditional teaching in our school dictates the teacher spending over 80% of the lesson on instructing students. The other 20% of the time is spent on students applying the learning, this normally finishes up with it being set as homework. This meant fast learners couldn’t move forward, slow learners tended to struggle to keep up. Flipped Learning using Office 365 allows teachers to pre-prepare content, using tools they are familiar with, and share them with students to study at home. Fast learners then learn at there own pace, slow learners may use the content a couple of times before the lesson to be familiar with it. By pre-preparing students before the lesson, this means students can come into a lesson and get on with the application of the learning. With the teacher being on hand to facilitate and answer questions from students. Tools like Yammer and Lync have allowed students ask and post questions about the content and gain feedback. Students come to the lesson ready to ‘Get On’. So now in a lesson we have the flipped 20 % is now spent on instructing the students and 80% on the application of the learning with teachers being able to work with groups of learners more effectively. 2
  3. 3. Making the Technology Seamless ‘make it as easy for colleagues to share information with students as it is to save a document in Word’ ‘simple building bricks to make technology integration effortless’
  4. 4. WHAT things do you like about Office 365 ?
  5. 5. Surface RT 120 Surface RT’s in school Part of the Microsoft Education deal Great compliment to Office Project Siena 365 Full Office 2013, split screen on Windows 8.1 5
  6. 6. ‘understand a range of ways to use respectfully, responsibly and securely, technology safely, including protecting their online identity and privacy; recognise inappropriate content, contact and conduct and know how to report concerns’. 7
  7. 7. 9

×