Yammer started as a Monorail application.We started an Infrastructure/Core Services team in 2010.Coda HaleRyan Kennedy
Started to build backend services on the JVM.By the third, Ryan started to complain about the amount of boilerplate, inconsistent configuration, and general divergence between services.One weekend, thanks to Coda, Dropwizard 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT was born.The three existing services were retrofitted.Going forward, Dropwizard was used as the base for all services.
Integration testing dropwizard
Michał Rutkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
End-to-end service test as opposed to unit and resource
- Allows you to start and stop the dropwizard instance
- Compatible with DW 0.62
- Use it to run integration tests in your build
How to get it?
• We needed to hack a bit, to reset static state.
• Flaky with more than one instance being started at the
• Only tested to work with DW 0.62
• Be careful how you pull in dependency clients
• Integrate the functionality into DW
• Would be useful if DW had no static state