Email marketing profiling web-
seminar on November 21st. 2008
Michael Leander, Fokus Integrated
Summary email markting profiling web-seminar
21th. November 2008
• 29 people from 11 countries joined this FEDMA
and Fokus Integrated web-seminar
• 19 people showed-up
• 18 received an evaluation email
• 16 people filled out the evaluation
• Here are the results
”Evaluate the speakers”
1 is bad – 7 is best
Overall score was
exceptional at 6,0
rating was at a
Overall stunning 6,31
1,00 2,00 3,00 4,00 5,00 6,00 7,00
The marketing of the event was received quite
well – as were the technical quality
More than 56%
thought that the
81,25% are likely to recommend the email
marketing profiling web-seminar to others
The web-seminar met peoples expectations
87,5% felt the web-
seminar met their
Selected constructive feedback and
Very helpful this seminar about the profiling. Let us
know if any other seminars in the same topic.
This was an excellent introduction/refresher on e-
mail/permission based marketing. I learned a lot
a lot of useful insights, both on the topic and how to make web based
presentations effective, interactive and fun. And all
of that from my home office. Congratulations.
worth recommending! Isabelle
Nowadays it is difficult to find free time to go
to seminars, therefore I consider web-seminars
• Great feedback, thank you. We will use it to improve the next web-
• In 2009 members of the Marketingboss group on Xing can look
forward to more interesting web-seminars
• We will particularly work on;
– Training of speakers to prepare speakers for the ”odd” experience it is
speaking on a web-seminar for the first time (really, it is much like speaking to
the wall – it takes getting used to)
– The length of web-seminars
– Sound and technical issues – but we won’t be able to fix all of them as there
are too many prerequisites involved in order for every single participant to
enjoy the exact same flawless experience
Marketing learnings by Michael Leander
• Conversion from signup to attendance is a real issue with web-
seminars as it is with regular seminars. We only converted 65,5% .
We can do better.
– More reminders?
– Communicate 1to1 with people outside the time zone?
– Create bigger expectations with a risk that expectations won’t be fulfilled?
– Incentivize show-up? Certificate of Attendance?
• Communicating the time of event to people in many countries is a
• Stay tuned: http://www.fokusintegrated.com/meemoo2/