UNISTRUT Metal Framing
Lunch and Learn Presentation for
NSA Architects, Engineers, Planners
UNISTRUT Metal Framing
• Unistrut Metal Framing is the 100% adjustable,
100% reusable, bolted solution for your
secondary structural steel supports
• Commonly used to support electrical conduit,
cable trays, process piping, duct work
• Unistrut is the Original Metal Framing Company
• Still 100% Made in America at our plants in
Harvey, IL and Wayne, MI
•Industry Standard for Electrical
and Mechanical Supports
•Commonly used supports for pipes and
conduit sizes from ½” to 6”
•Increasingly Being Used in Pre
Fabricated Service Modules in Modular
Unistrut Channel Profiles
profile is 1 5/8” by
•Available in deeper and
shallow profiles to
accommodate the load
you are trying to
•Most Channel Profiles
are available in 12, 14,
or 16 ga.
Flat Fittings 90° Angle Fittings “Z” Shaped Fittings Angular Fittings Winged Fittings “U” Shape Fittings
Post Bases Cantilever Brackets Special Applications Beam Clamps Trolleys End Caps
• Adjustability- The inherent properties of the Unistrut Metal
Framing System allow for the support structure to be positioned or
adjusted to suit any changing equipment room layouts (unlike
welded steel structures).
• Mechanical Connections- The Unistrut Metal Framing
connections allow for installations to be done with standard hand
tools thereby eliminating the need for special jobsite welding
• Adaptability- The Unistrut Metal Framing System has multiple
channel profiles that enable the Unistrut Construction design team
to develop a solution to meet virtually a limitless variety of projects.
• Fast & Efficient- The bolt-together design of the Unistrut Metal
framing System allows our experienced installation team to finish
installations much faster than most welded steel structures allow.
• Design/Assistance- Unistrut can offer design assistance from
start to finish.
Roofwalks Rooftop Walkways
• United Interlock Grating
• Lightweight aluminum or pre-galvanized grating
sections reduce overall Roofwalk system dead load
on the roofing structure compared to conventional
methods (concrete pads, etc).
• Provides a safe walkway for rooftop traffic.
Protects the roof from foot traffic and costly repairs.
• Galvanized steel & aluminum panels resist weather.
• Attaches to all standing-seam roofs including
• Utilizes non-penetrating roof anchoring systems.
• Remains visible during all types of weather (snow,
heavy rain, etc)
• General Contractor in Libya needed to provide a
safe means of access to rooftop equipment.
• Special Considerations:
▫ Located on the coast, material finish was
▫ Aggressive Schedule
▫ Inexperienced Workforce in Libya
Quicken Loans Data Center
• Project located in Detroit, MI
• 20,000 square foot data center
• Custom Unistrut Support Rack for all MEP
• Project Considerations
▫ Super Aggressive Construction Schedule
▫ BIM Coordination
▫ Aesthetic/Organized Design
Miami University- Kreger Hall
• Higher Education Physics Laboratory
• Needed a Unistrut Ceiling Grid to support
Physics Lab Equipment
• Project Requirements
▫ Adjustable for Multiple Sizes of Equipment
▫ Exposed Ceilings Required Uniform Look
▫ Designed to be easily adjusted by University
New Product Lines by Unistrut
• Expanded Line of Rooftop Supports
▫ Design/Specify Supports for Rooftop MEP
▫ Additional Products for Crossovers, Mechanical
Equipment Platforms, and more!
• Sikla Metal Framing
▫ New Industrial Metal Framing Product
▫ Allows Non-Welded Connections for supports
previously beyond capacity of Unistrut
Offer a wide range of options for supporting HVAC duct on rooftops.
Versatile and time saving, these supports are cost effective and easy to
Crossover Stair, Ramp, Walkway
Constructed of high strength steel framing and utilize heavy duty rubber
bases for stability. Modular design for jobsite assembly without cutting,
welding, or rigging. Perfect to provide safe walking surface over or
around rooftop obstacles.
Sikla Framo 80
Framo - a new dimension in secondary steel
system with a
that makes it