Who are your true fans and ideal customer profiles?
#Smarketing? - Aligning sales and marketing
Aligning sales and marketing
1. HANDOVER POINTS – From lead to customer
2. CONTENT – For the entire buyer’s journey
3. ANALYTICS – The causes of conversion
Lead: “A company or person that might be interested in
your products and services”
Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL): “A lead judged more
likely to become a customer compared to other leads,
often based on lead intelligence”
Sales Qualified Lead (SQL): “The decision from sales,
after a series of interactions, that an opportunity with a
$ value and a time frame exists”
How do we
sales follow up?
We don’t have
an SQL process...
handing back to
1. Define: what constitutes an MQL for your
2. Define: what constitutes an SQL for your
3. Decide: when can sales hand back a lead to
CONTENT AND CONTEXT
Early Funnel – Creating interest
Short videos; E-books; White papers; Blog posts and
Mid Funnel – Differentiation
Presentations (Prezi, Slide Share); Value propositions;
Unique Selling Points; Product and Service offerings
Late Funnel – Confirmation
References; RoI Calculations; Proposal templates; Price
1. Ask: Sales to document the content they need for
their milestones in the sales process
2. Prioritize: Rank in order of importance
3. Produce: the collateral on the list
1. Are you targeting the right customers?
2. Are you staying away from bad fits?
3. Do you have the data to do this?
ACTION POINTS - RECAP
• Define: What constitutes an MQL and SQL?
• Decide: When can sales hand back leads to
• Implement: A process for continuous handovers
between sales and marketing
• Ask: Sales to document the content they need for the
milestones in your sales process
• Conduct: A win/loss analysis. Align sales and
marketing around corrective actions